Denis Dyack silicon knights gamasutra interview

chris1515

Legend
Supporter
http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20070430/wallis_01.shtml

Too human is 360 exclusive bue not Silicon knights games.

GS: Why do you think something like Too Human wouldn’t have been possible with Nintendo?

DD: Oh, I don’t think that. I think Too Human would have been possible with Nintendo – I think good ideas work on any hardware platform. However, I think in terms of the kind of game that we want to do, I think Nintendo’s direction was really skewing towards accessibility, new gamers and light hearted easy immersion party type games. That’s our impression of it, and I shouldn’t speak for them and I think Zelda shows that they can do other things as well, but their market demographic clearly shows that they’re moving towards that. At least…I don’t know about ‘clearly’, but it seems to be heading towards that.
I wasn’t sure that the type of games we wanted to make would resonate well with that platform. So, I don’t think it’s impossible I just think it wasn’t the right fit and I think they agreed as well.

GS: Why do you think the 360 is the best fit?

DD: Well, I think PS3 and 360 are the best fit, to be honest. We’re not exclusive to the 360. I just think those consoles have a lot more memory, a higher fidelity. They’re a lot bigger, they’re a lot faster, and we can create games with higher production values. What I mean by that is, things that are closer to film; lots of technical post processing, significantly increased levels of polygons, characters that look more lifelike. All those things.

If he didn't mention something about games becoming the dominant form of art in the 21st century, the interview was a waste!

Back