Deferred Releases (2009 Holiday)

It's a brilliant move to avoid the busy holiday period, by instead creating an also very-busy late winter period. Worked for Capcom, afterall!

For an "October" game it wasn't really getting much PR at all. :LOL:

Comic Con trailer- is that a proper SSS implementation that I see? Skin looks like skin. Or 90% human, which is really impressive.

Other assets are still "UE2.5"-y I s'pose, but to hell with that.

I don't mind it being delayed. The holiday season is way too crowded. The companies need to get better at spreading out their releases. Good games get buried under better games during the holidays.

I don't mind it being delayed. The holiday season is way too crowded. The companies need to get better at spreading out their releases. Good games get buried under better games during the holidays.

How many years has Conviction been delayed now? Late 2009 is getting thinner by the week. MAG, Bioshock 2, Mass Effect 2, etc. all delayed until 2010. If anything early 2010 will be a bit too crowed to support the number of titles.

I'm rather perplexed as to why it has taken so long to complete development...

For myself, it won't be a very busy holiday at all... 2010 will be, especially with ME2 (how many times will I have to replay it just to see everything :LOL: :( ).

How many years has Conviction been delayed now? Late 2009 is getting thinner by the week. MAG, Bioshock 2, Mass Effect 2, etc. all delayed until 2010. If anything early 2010 will be a bit too crowed to support the number of titles.

I really don't care how many years its been delayed. Makes no difference to me. Christmas is already loaded with games.

A team of 110 people at Ubisoft Montreal have been working on the game for 2 years. Game is coming this December.

That is from the first post in this thread, in 2007! How much money have they spent on this game?

I really don't care how many years its been delayed. Makes no difference to me. Christmas is already loaded with games.

Except this is one of the most bare Xmas' in a while. There are some huge games coming, but they've also scared off quite a few games -- no one wants to go up against ODST, CoD 6 or SC2.

Except this is one of the most bare Xmas' in a while. There are some huge games coming, but they've also scared off quite a few games -- no one wants to go up against ODST, CoD 6 or SC2.

Bare depending on your tastes I suppose.

ODST
Forza 3
L4D 2
COD: MW2
Assassin's Creed 2
GTA: Ballad of gay Tony

Plenty enough for me! Hell, I'll be hurting to make time just for these games alone. I'd love to see 1 - 2 big name games released each month in 2010 vs the usual overload in Nov and Dec.

And yes, no one wants to go up against, CoD, Halo and Assassin's Creed. I can't blame them. Another thing we've learned this generation is that games can sell well during other parts of the year so instead of sending your game to die for the sake of holiday season release schedule, you can pick another time of the year, add more polish and do well.

*Spin-off* :)

Bare depending on your tastes I suppose.

True enough. I'll end up with ODST... and maybe one or two of the rhythm games . But it's been a fairly quiet 2009 for me.

2010 H1

Alien Vs Predator (?)
Bioshock 2
Dead Rising 2 (?)
Final Fantasy XIII
Mass Effect 2
Splinter Cell

Two major RPGs are going to fight for time. :( Maybe 2011 will be another '2009' for me and then I'll have plenty of time. :D

non-relevant
2010 H2
Alan Wake
Dante's Inferno (?)
Halo Reach
Kingdom Under Fire II

The only blind buys for me thus far are Uncharted 2 and R&C. It's too bad the major 360 releases seems to be expansions to games I didn't enjoy (Halo 3 and L4D), but I will probably get the stand alone GTA DLC disc.

I also have my eye on some MP games like Batman, Ao2:40 days, BF:BC2 and AC2. I didn't like COD4 much, so the next one will be a rent at best.

I'm hoping Eye Pet gets a NA release for X-mas.

Last edited by a moderator:
My list is something like:

NHL 10
FIFA 10
Left 4 Dead 2
Modern Warfare 2
Uncharted 2
Ratched and Clank
Assassin's Creed 2
Dragon Age (maybe, if it's out)
IL-2 Sturmovick (maybe)

I'm sure there's more than that. Basically, the two sports titles are automatic and the rest I'll only be able to pick a couple. Left 4 Dead 2 and Modern Warfare 2 are the most likely, with Ratchet and Clank up on the list. Uncharted 2 is one I'll have trouble holding off on, but I think I will. I'll probably play the co-op mode with my brother, but I can do that later on. The problem is, NHL, FIFA, L4D and MW2 are all multiplayer games that can sap huge amounts of time.

Two major RPGs are going to fight for time. :( Maybe 2011 will be another '2009' for me and then I'll have plenty of time. :D

Alpha Protocol and Brutal Legend are still coming out in October. The first is an RPG and, given Obsidian's reputation will probably be an unstable but inspired RPG.

Alpha Protocol and Brutal Legend are still coming out in October. The first is an RPG and, given Obsidian's reputation will probably be an unstable but inspired RPG.

Yeah, Alpha Protocol is a game I wouldn't pick up right away unless word of mouth is overwelmingly positive. If it's good, it'll be on my defer list for next year.

Yeah, Alpha Protocol is a game I wouldn't pick up right away unless word of mouth is overwelmingly positive. If it's good, it'll be on my defer list for next year.

Meanwhile, I'd pick it up right away because I'm sure it'll be better than Dragon's Age or Mass Effect 2. Given what I've seen of DA, it could be potentially as good as both of them put together.

Back