Deathloop [PS5, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

Is it dying? Really... Or is it more of an assisted suicide, just to make room for an X90J or A80J :D

Those are so last year. I would be surprised if it's not the A95K. The only issue LondonGeezer might have is with the size. They might be too small...

I have a 2017 65" LG B7 OLED. I upgraded from a 2008 50" 720p Samsung plasma. I kinda miss the plasma because the VGA and component inputs were quite useful. 1360x768 or DSR 2720x1536 didn't need a lot of GPU. It also didn't strobe on whites and getting the gamma right seemed less tricky than with the oled. :)

VRR should be even more awesome in 5 years when I upgrade next lol

Last edited:
I assume this will come to GamePass. It doesn't look like my type of game but I'd like to try it for an hour, I just don't want to pay!

It's going to be interesting if they go with PS5 parity, or use FSR2.x for example.

On PC was one of the first titles to get FSR2.0, don't think PS5 ever got it.

It's going to be interesting if they go with PS5 parity, or use FSR2.x for example.
You would definitely expect a game released later to have features that are more common at the time of launch.

You would definitely expect a game released later to have features that are more common at the time of launch.
Seems like it's parity.
I'm not surprised, it's MS, they generally don't care about making most of Xbox when it's a multiplat title.
You could easily argue PS5 gets the best version as it now has gyroscope controller support.

I'm very disappointed.
Could've had modes like:
4k60 quality mode (which is equivalent to quality with locked 60)
4k60 RT mode (probably possible)
120 mode
Unlocked toggle
All with probably better IQ.

So much for FSR2.x being in GDK when even 1P can't be bothered to use it.

I'm not surprised given the likely contract clauses put in place by Sony.
I did consider that, but thought that any clauses would be up to the point of release which included ps+.
Does that mean PS5 shouldn't get gyroscope.

Eitherway see it often with MS even when there isn't parity clauses, hence I wasn't surprised.

More so hoped would be first FSR2.x game on console. Wait continues.

I did consider that, but thought that any clauses would be up to the point of release which included ps+.
Does that mean PS5 shouldn't get gyroscope.

Eitherway see it often with MS even when there isn't parity clauses, hence I wasn't surprised.

More so hoped would be first FSR2.x game on console. Wait continues.
Have you completed the game?

I haven't touched it after finishing it. The concept got old and super repetitive towards the end. Doing essentially the same missions over and over. The story wasn't gripping and all the characters annoying heh. I think I most enjoyed the soundtrack.

It was a bit strange in the end too how many of the abilities are right out of Dishonored 2. I suppose like Prey it has a curious vibe of being set in the same universe but a different timeframe.

It did inspire me to go beat Dishonored, Dishonored 2 and Dishonored DotO again though lol!

Last edited:
Have you completed the game?

I haven't touched it after finishing it. The concept got old and super repetitive towards the end. Doing essentially the same missions over and over. The story wasn't gripping and all the characters annoying heh. I think I most enjoyed the soundtrack.

It was a bit strange in the end too how many of the abilities are right out of Dishonored 2. I suppose like Prey it has a curious vibe of being set in the same universe but a different timeframe.

It did inspire me to go beat Dishonored, Dishonored 2 and Dishonored DotO again though lol!
Not played it.
Was just extremely disappointed that nothing had been done tech wise after a year.
For the record don't mind PS5 getting FSR2.x if it's in the SDK and it getting its gyroscope.
I'm all for making most of each platform, and ended up going on a bit of a rant.

Last edited:
Not played it.
Was just extremely disappointed that nothing had been done tech wise after a year.
For the record don't mind PS5 getting FSR2.x if it's in the SDK and it getting its gyroscope.
I'm all for making most of each platform, and ended up going on a bit of a rant.
Some (most?) games freeze development shortly after launching and getting any needed patches out. The team (and funding) moves on. Bethesda and Arkane tend to work like that aside from doing something like removing Denuvo.

Last edited:
Some (most?) games freeze development shortly after launching and getting any needed patches out. The team (and funding) moves on. Bethesda and Arkane tend to work like that aside from doing something like removing Denuvo.
The PC build got FSR2.x and I'm sure the XS would be a branch of that, or close enough.
PS5 just got gyroscope in this update.

For a 1P title coming a year later, its poor in my eyes. I'm not talking investing a years worth of development.

The medium got decent update for PS5 that I don't believe got back ported to XS.

Back