Deathloop [PS5, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

I’m so confused by this game so far. Maybe it will grow on me but so far my brain can’t really take it. It does look very good, although I’m not used to the weird movement in these games anymore. I wish I could turn the wobbly camera while moving and walking off.

I’m so confused by this game so far. Maybe it will grow on me but so far my brain can’t really take it. It does look very good, although I’m not used to the weird movement in these games anymore. I wish I could turn the wobbly camera while moving and walking off.
I think it does have a headbob setting in the menu. Because I'm pretty sure I set it down to 50%.

The Dark Messiah Boot of Power has returned. ;)

They certainly did put a lot of effort into helping the player learn how the game works. I don't think any of it was annoying or unnatural either. And since a lot of the helper stuff can be disabled in the menu it's customizable anyway.

Last edited:
apparently after vrr patch rt 1836p mode jump from locked 30fps to 50ish
Deathloop is definitely locked to 30fps on RT more for me using forced vrr on a c1. The 120hz 1080p mode also feels terrible. The variability can be felt using the Dualsense. It’s either standard 60 mode or RT locked 30 if you can handle the latency.

Deathloop is definitely locked to 30fps on RT more for me using forced vrr on a c1. The 120hz 1080p mode also feels terrible. The variability can be felt using the Dualsense. It’s either standard 60 mode or RT locked 30 if you can handle the latency.
strange, maybe atuhor made mistake, I cant check it as dont have this game edit: you are right, author made mistake and removed video

Last edited:
Video is already removed by the uploader.

VRR doesnt improve performance in that sense, what it does is removing the framerate cap, in the intense/areas where the hardware is used to its potentional the game should be aiming at either 30 or 60fps. Looking at the sky somewhere might give 120 or 200fps whatever. Seems a large group of users never has played with freesync/gsync the past decade or VRR on the xbox since some years.

Video is already removed by the uploader.

VRR doesnt improve performance in that sense, what it does is removing the framerate cap, in the intense/areas where the hardware is used to its potentional the game should be aiming at either 30 or 60fps. Looking at the sky somewhere might give 120 or 200fps whatever. Seems a large group of users never has played with freesync/gsync the past decade or VRR on the xbox since some years.
vsync also has some perf penalty so in this sense removing cap and vsync can increase perf. using vrr, also some games can have nice perf. margin over targeting 30 or 60fps if devs are conservative and want to make sure frames are stable with cap

Last edited:
vsync also has some perf penalty so in this sense removing cap and vsync can increase perf. using vrr, also some games can have nice perf. margin over targeting 30 or 60fps if devs are conservative and want to make sure frames are stable with cap

One gets 'improved performance' in areas (like looking at the sky) where the game otherwise would go above 30, 40 or 60fps etc. Thus increasing the average fps ofcourse. Once games will become like UE5, thus straining the systems more consistently, then its a good feature to smooth out those dips below 30fps, for example.
Question now is, do Digital Foundry and other youtube channels start benchmarking with uncapped framerates in the future? I'd be all in for that. Average fps's skyrocket in special on powerfull pc gpu's, doom eternal for example can reach in the 500/600fps range quite often, increasing the avarage fps dramatically.

One gets 'improved performance' in areas (like looking at the sky) where the game otherwise would go above 30, 40 or 60fps etc. Thus increasing the average fps ofcourse. Once games will become like UE5, thus straining the systems more consistently, then its a good feature to smooth out those dips below 30fps, for example.
Question now is, do Digital Foundry and other youtube channels start benchmarking with uncapped framerates in the future? I'd be all in for that. Average fps's skyrocket in special on powerfull pc gpu's, doom eternal for example can reach in the 500/600fps range quite often, increasing the avarage fps dramatically.
I think you didnt understant my post or didnt read it :d

You could have had that on older TVs if you didn't insist on the Sony brand.
Sadly 120/VRR was definitely not a thing when I bought my TV - 2016 - and not sure what Sony has to do with it. It just so happened to be the best TV I could find at the time.

Last edited:
Sadly 120/VRR was definitely not a thing when I bought my TV - 2016 - and not sure what Sony has to do with it. It just so happened to be the best TV I could find at the time.
I simply thought you had a new set from 2019 and that all your sets were Sony branded. You acknowledged in your other posts that Sony is known to not support standard features until long time afterwards.

Back