Death Stranding (DC) [PS4, PS5, PC]

Kojima has talked about it briefly at recent TGS 2016. It's an action game set in a world that has open world "elements", but players can also easily enjoy the story. I presume there will be some sort of hubs, or "wide linear" approach that Crysis 1 used so well.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-09-13-death-stranding-has-open-world-elements

As for "base concept" of the game, Kojima will base the gameplay on the first two important tools of the early mankind - sticks for aggression and ropes for keeping things attached one with another. In the teaser we see that Mads is controlling those skeletal WW2 soldiers with SciFi-ey ropes, the ability that I presume our main character will also have.

But that presumes Crysis 1 was a good game. ;)

Anyway, semi-open world can be a lot of fun. Seems similar to MGS5 in that aspect, but more restricted.

“Metal Gear was an action game,” Kojima tells IGN, “but it was an action game where you happened to be hiding. There was no genre for that back then, and now it’s classified as a stealth game. In that regard, Death Stranding will also be an action game, but I want to make something new, something different.”
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/15/e3-2016-more-cryptic-death-stranding-details-from-kojima

But that presumes Crysis 1 was a good game. ;)
It was not good. It was amazing. It gave so much freedom of tackling missions and combat encounters [at least until last third of campaign, but I did not mind it].

Kojima has talked about it briefly at recent TGS 2016. It's an action game set in a world that has open world "elements", but players can also easily enjoy the story. I presume there will be some sort of hubs, or "wide linear" approach that Crysis 1 used so well.

So kind of a MGSV.

I'm okay with that.

Reading on the internet that Kojima is trying to get Gosling in DS. What a stacked cast that would be, if there's anyone that can pull it off it's Kojima.

I think that each one of the five flying figures from first Death Stranding teaser are probably main antagonists [or a equivalents of lower tier of enemy leaders, like MGS1's Foxound members, MGS2's Dead Cell, MGS3's Cobra Unit or MGS4's B&Bs] that will be now acted by someone famous.
NSFW http://static2.gamespot.com/uploads...-deathstranding_screen_ps4_012_1465877398.jpg

Mads could be a leader of the resurrected WW2 soldiers [I first though that soldiers are wearing skull masks, but no, their fingers are also full on skeletal] others could command forces from other time periods. It would be quite a feat to put a twisted history of warfare into one science fiction game.

CyyDvuKUUAAidj9.jpg

The video of City of Horizon Zero Dawn during the panel were gorgeous.

And it is a true collaboration Kojima tech Team inproving The PBS in decima and sharing source code..

Exciting...

Last edited:

Kotaku said:
...if you play both trailers side-by side (which is possible through YouTube Doubler), you’ll note that the baby held by Norman Reedus in one appears to transport itself into the hands of Guillermo del Toro in the other trailer at the exact same moment

While this specific statement does not seem to be correct (In the official sources, the baby disappears from the first trailer at 1:33 and appears in the second around 2:02), there is absolutely something here. I put an album of synchronicities here.

By syncing the trailers up using the appearance of "Sony Interactive Entertainment Presents" and muting the second video, there are a number of instances that belie coincidence.

First, it pans past these three crabs that all look very similar (to the point of being the same crab with at least the second one) and enter the frame simultaneously.

Then, while the baby disappearance is, as noted, not synced, the timing of the appearance of the oil in both trailers apparently is.

From this point onward, events in both trailers are timed to match the soundtrack of the first. The sound of waves signals the rising water against del Toro's feet.

The dramatic accent in the music is timed to the reveal of both the five figures in the first trailer and the baby in the second.

Another sound cue similar to the earlier water noise marks the appearance of the floating doll.

But really, of all the syncs, this is basically the clincher that this is all intentional.

Additionally, with this timing, after the baby disappears from the first video there are about 40 seconds that elapse before it appears in the second. After the five figures in the sky fade away in the first trailer, the five soldiers in the second appear out of the darkness about 40 seconds later.

Last edited:
I combined the two trailers together and am convinced that I have the correct timing. It should be easier to confirm the observations from above.

The two baby gurgles after the climax at 1:54, first when the baby in the jar rotates around and again when the doll floats past, are in fact in the sound mix from the first trailer. And there is no denying that the deliberate slow-motion wink to the camera at 2:20 is scrupulously timed.

j39zuSY.jpg

I combined the two trailers together and am convinced that I have the correct timing. It should be easier to confirm the observations from above.

The two baby gurgles after the climax at 1:54, first when the baby in the jar rotates around and again when the doll floats past, are in fact in the sound mix from the first trailer. And there is no denying that the deliberate slow-motion wink to the camera at 2:20 is scrupulously timed.

j39zuSY.jpg
There is something written on Guilermo Del Toro's pin. Has anyone made it out what it written?

Back