DeanoC leaves Ninja Theory ...

JardeL

Regular
From his blog , through NeoGAF;
Times they are a changing…

So I haven’t posted much for the last few months because I’ve been a bit busy. Just over 2 months ago I decided to leave Ninja Theory and move onto something different.
I worked at Ninja Theory for close to 4 years and decided it was a time to do something different. Was quite sad but also the right thing to do and differently the right time. I had quite a few choices but ended up going for what my heart wanted to do and moving into a more design oriented role.
So for the last month or so, I’ve been a Senior Programmer/Designer at Frontier working on a game called Outsider.
Sure I’ll have lots to say in future, but for now that will do…

I hope it was on good terms. Best of luck to him.

Anyways, on a happier note, that Outsider trailer looks awesome! The fugitive guy looks like the dude from GTAIV though. Can't wait for more!

Oh it's another Cambridge studio.

Interesting. Since the game seems so American themed I thought the dev team would be in the US.

Heard about that game ages ago so it must be well along the dev cycle now, hopefully Deano will give them a few PS3 tips so the PS3 version isn't the poor relation to the 360's.

There's a BBC article from back in 2005 where David Braben (owner of the studio) talks about this game, so it's been in the works for awhile. Wikipedia seems to think it'll out around Xmas '09!

Well, hopefully DeanoC helps put development into overdrive so they can hurry up and finish this and move on to Elite III :cool:

Well, hopefully DeanoC helps put development into overdrive so they can hurry up and finish this and move on to Elite III :cool:

They'll need a publisher for that though I'm sure..

& as far as i'm aware there isn't one yet..

Good luck with the new post DeanoC anyways!

On a side note:-

I once applied for a position at Frontier..

Fresh outta uni & full of dreams, drive & ambition I sent in my resume with a whole plethora of sample demos i'd been working on. However it seems the guys over there are quite particular when it comes to accepting inexperienced graduates.. Didn't even get an interview.. :cry:

*sigh*

Best of luck anyways dude! :D

If they never made Elite II & III (Frontier and First Encounters) then they'd have no problem getting a publisher.

A shame really as Elite II being tripe was more down to Konami forcing them to release it than any lack of talent.

Is this the part where I flaunt our superior knowledge and say: "I knew it all before"? No? Well I guess I'll be
walking.gif
then

Seriously, best of luck Deano.

Late to the party but all the best Deano !
Be honest, did you follow a girl ex-colleague there ? Or is it the food in the cafeteria ?

Back