Dead Rising 4

Dave Baumann

Gamerscore Wh...
Legend
Anyone else picked this up?

Seems that some of the reviews are very negative (Eurogamer), but having just started to get into the first act (past "act 0") it seems to be hitting the buttons that I wanted.

Basically I came into DR at DR3, as one of the first titles on XBO, and I personally loved that "hack n slash" arcade-y dynamic. I tried DR2 when it was free in Games for Gold and just couldn't get into it. So far DR4i s feeling like a follow-on from DR3 in its play style, and that seems to be what is rubbing some reviewers up the wrong way, I guess, there is a clear difference in play sytle between DR/DR2 and DR3/DR4.

I had to leave it this morning after having just combined a go-cart with a mobility scooter and being able to drive round electrocuting and mowing down zombies. That was fun :)

Really just depends what you want from the series I guess. For me, the timer, the workbenches, and the specific item locations were the glue that held the entire game together. All of a sudden shortcuts weren't just convenient. They were absolutely vital. You had to become intimitaly familiar with the locations and map out the place in your head if you wanted to succeed. Dilly dallying meant dead survivors, missed story missions and unnecessary zombie encounters. There was a huge chunk of old-school Resident Evil DNA in the first two games, and I quite enjoyed them for that reason. Now the fiddly controls and other archaic elements - the real final boss of DR1 was such a cheap and lousy excuse for a combat encounter - can die in a fire for all I care.

I'll pick it up eventually and maybe when on sale. I've got so many games from the BF sale that there is absolutely no rush for me to get it now just to sit for a spell.

Waiting for the sub-$20 price. I have bought every DR game so far and have yet to finish one. They always sound fun, but then the gameplay wears thin after a few hours.

I finally bought, Gamefly had the XB1 version for $15. It received a X patch along with the extra content from the PS4.

I'm impressed. For the first time I like a DR game! Perfect blend of open world, story missions, side event, goofy protagonist, etc. I gave up on DR3, it was a technical mess without a X patch and it took itself to seriously.

I finally bought, Gamefly had the XB1 version for $15. It received a X patch along with the extra content from the PS4.

I'm impressed. For the first time I like a DR game! Perfect blend of open world, story missions, side event, goofy protagonist, etc. I gave up on DR3, it was a technical mess without a X patch and it took itself to seriously.

Oh, so this is only £6 in CEX - if I buy the game do I get all the DLC? Looks like it'll be good for some mindless fun!

I got some outfits and Christmas stuff, not sure if it was DLC or the bonus content that the PS4 shipped with.

Back