Days of Play PS4 Slim, $300 2019-06-07

Brother just called me a week ago asking for advice. He has 11 year old twins, owns a Switch 3DS and wanted to know if he should buy a PS4/pro or Xbox/one x or wait for new machines. I said wait, without a price drop it makes sense to wait it out in my opinion.

Brother just called me a week ago asking for advice. He has 11 year old twins, owns a Switch 3DS and wanted to know if he should buy a PS4/pro or Xbox/one x or wait for new machines. I said wait, without a price drop it makes sense to wait it out in my opinion.

If he's willing to buy a console now and another one a year from now, my opinion goes to PS4 Pro for its significantly higher user base.

If not, he should wait one year for the next gen consoles. Especially those teenager boys will be rooting for the latest and greatest. No one wants to be the one with the "older console" in school.

If he's willing to buy a console now and another one a year from now, my opinion goes to PS4 Pro for its significantly higher user base.

If not, he should wait one year for the next gen consoles. Especially those teenager boys will be rooting for the latest and greatest. No one wants to be the one with the "older console" in school.
I said wait, between bc and the cost of hardware being what it is... They'll have plenty to play in about a year verus the historical first 12 month limited access to games.

Make a list of local co-op games in the meantime?

Slims go for $200 around Thanksgiving for the past few years (with Spider-Man last year), along with discounted PS+ and I think controllers. The gray color is nice, but not $100+ nice. Just get a Slim or wait for a Pro deal ($400 with a new game, like Red Dead Redemption 2 last year, or $350 with 7 PS Platinum games, or as low as $315 by itself).

Sony bumping PS+ pricing by 10% after the 17th seems like a subsidy for PS5's cost, taken so early that people may stop complaining about it by the PS5's release.

Back