Days Gone (Sony Bend) [PS4, PC]

Nice Pro shot with very high quality texture.
Rdzvj9F.jpg

I have a bad feeling about this game. But then again it is really not my genre (x2).

Not seeing what's so impressive about this game, the art style being so terrible is quite impressive though "a beefed up RDR 2 graphically"

RDR 2 looks a generation ahead of this game, other UE4 games like Gears 5 and Batman Arkham Knight also look a generation ahead. It looks like Far Cry 5, average.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow the hate this game gets and concern trolling is insane. It looks fantastic to me and I can not wait for the release.

RDR 2 looks a generation ahead of this game

I love Red Dead 2 possibly my game of the generation but saying it looks a generation ahead of Days Gone is hyperbolic or a flat out lie.

On a totally unrelated note. How can I be a newcomer when I joined in 2013:runaway:

Not seeing what's so impressive about this game, the art style being so terrible is quite impressive though "a beefed up RDR 2 graphically"

RDR 2 looks a generation ahead of this game, other UE4 games like Gears 5 and Batman Arkham Knight also look a generation ahead. Kinda wish people would stop putting Sony games on a pedestall visually speaking. It looks like Far Cry 5, average.

Far cry 5 looked quite good actually, to me.
I'm tired of zombies, so i don't know, i'll wait for reviews.

Wow the hate this game gets and concern trolling is insane. It looks fantastic to me and I can not wait for the release.

I love Red Dead 2 possibly my game of the generation but saying it looks a generation ahead of Days Gone is hyperbolic or a flat out lie.

On a totally unrelated note. How can I be a newcomer when I joined in 2013:runaway:
That Joed post reads like a meme to me :LOL:, I know people would go the extra miles these days just to get quoted. The game to me is easily technically the most impressive UE4 title, it pretty much does everything RDR 2 does like volumetrics, vast open world, dense vegetation, real time TOD, weathers, animals and on top of those with higher quality assets like foliage, texture and character models, not to mention hordes of freakers in the hundreds. I guess it can afford all that for not rendering native 4k on a Pro, the beauty of sweet reconstruction 4k and exclusively coding a more powerful base hardware.
Anyway can't wait for the embargo to lift on March 6th.

it pretty much does everything RDR 2 does like volumetrics, vast open world, dense vegetation, real time TOD, weathers, animals and on top of those with higher quality assets like foliage, texture and character models, not to mention hordes of freakers in the hundreds.

Yeah, on paper it does all that. But a lot of the magic of RDR2 is how well it executes. The hurry is out on this game.
For me, it felt like a "Ah, so THIS is what a true current gen game can look like!" kind of moment when they first demoed this, with the horde and all.
Now, other games have actually released that look on par. This one still seems very polished, a pitty all this technical expertise went into such an uninspired concept.

I don't get this sentiment? Which other games does the things Days gone does?

It's yet another gritty post-apocaliptic zombie game with nothing about it that makes it stand out.
The zombies are actually "creepers". Ah ok, how creative...
The gameplay is like TLoU, oh, but it's open world.
The main character is like Joel+John Marston and uh, oh, he's a biker.
This game has absolutely no personality. It's just bland and cliche in everything about it.

If only dead rising had that level of technical expertise/polish. :p

um... anyways. The graphics looks great. Just not a game for me.

Yeah, on paper it does all that. But a lot of the magic of RDR2 is how well it executes. The hurry is out on this game.
For me, it felt like a "Ah, so THIS is what a true current gen game can look like!" kind of moment when they first demoed this, with the horde and all.
Now, other games have actually released that look on par. This one still seems very polished, a pitty all this technical expertise went into such an uninspired concept.
If the story is good, the world is immersive and characters are memorable all with top notch production value and sick graphics then it's good enough for me. We'll see how well they executed it like you said.

That Joed post reads like a meme to me :LOL:, I know people would go the extra miles these days just to get quoted. The game to me is easily technically the most impressive UE4 title, it pretty much does everything RDR 2 does like volumetrics, vast open world, dense vegetation, real time TOD, weathers, animals and on top of those with higher quality assets like foliage, texture and character models, not to mention hordes of freakers in the hundreds. I guess it can afford all that for not rendering native 4k on a Pro, the beauty of sweet reconstruction 4k and exclusively coding a more powerful base hardware. But some people may call it Sony whoring..
Anyway can't wait for the embargo to lift on March 6th.

I see mediocre texture work, flat/dull lighting and an unflattering art style. This game is nowhere near the level of RDR 2, It simply looks average at best.

If the story is good, the world is immersive and characters are memorable all with top notch production value and sick graphics then it's good enough for me. We'll see how well they executed it like you said.

Time will tell, but personally, I don't have high hopes on the ability of the same people who created such an obvious and non-memorable universe to pull off a good story. Uncreative people write uncreative stories. Usually...

Uninspired, lacking creativity, cliched..... So this is the Walking Dead (show) of video games? Im ok with that. The voice acting has been quite good from what they've shown so far - I'm sure the storytelling will be compelling enough

The main character is like Joel+John Marston and uh, oh, he's a biker.

What is this I'm reading? What's wrong with him being a biker? It's one of the features that sets the game apart, your bike being a critical part in the gameplay.

The Joel and Marston bit is nonsense too, why because his white and has black hair? Let's wait for the game to come out before declaring the character bland. Zombies how many games actually have zombies that's AAA?

Fair enough about the post apocalyptic bit but if you don't like it why engage in a thread about such a game? I don't go into Pokemon threads and complain about oh another collect a monster game.

I get extra busy and unable to keep an eye on the forums for one day and I return to see so much in need of purging and banning.

Why can't everyone be civil? I don't care who you are, if you have no interest or ability to play a game then don't participate in the Game discussion thread. It is better for everyone if the B3D forums remain positive and constructive.

If you feel the need to go negative, do that elsewhere.

What is this I'm reading? What's wrong with him being a biker? It's one of the features that sets the game apart, your bike being a critical part in the gameplay.

The Joel and Marston bit is nonsense too, why because his white and has black hair? Let's wait for the game to come out before declaring the character bland. Zombies how many games actually have zombies that's AAA?

Fair enough about the post apocalyptic bit but if you don't like it why engage in a thread about such a game? I don't go into Pokemon threads and complain about oh another collect a monster game.

I am interested in the game. That's why I'm sad it's so put off by how uninspired it is.
The problem is not that he is a biker. Is that that's all he's got going for him. It's hard to explain man, but I have an eye for derivative stuff and for actual inspiration, it would take paragraphs of text to try to explain in more detail why this game gives me the vibe it's a Mish mash of popular contemporary shit with little understanding of the soul that makes the material that inspires it meaningful in the first place, but my red flags are up.
I can be wrong though, and hope to, but my hopes are low.
You don't have to believe me either. I'm just a random fuck on the web.

Ok fair enough but surely you have to give it a chance. I mean I remember reading the same thing about Arthur in Red Dead and he turned out to be a great character in my opinion. Maybe I haven't watched enough trailers so I haven't seen the story beats. Once I decide to get a game I stop watching trailers or any thing with possible spoilers.

Also the zombies need to eat and drink water. That's quite original.

Back