Days Gone (Sony Bend) [PS4, PC]

I don’t think they’re that similar. One is going to be this huge story driven, performance driven, cinematic phenomenon. The other is a bit derivative. The only thing they have in common is zombies, and even then the action is not going to be similar.

I don’t think they’re that similar. One is going to be this huge story driven, performance driven, cinematic phenomenon. The other is a bit derivative. The only thing they have in common is zombies, and even then the action is not going to be similar.

You could be right. This may be Sony's answer to State of Decay / SoD2 but at the moment I'm more interested in SoD2, due out in week or so, and TLoU2 (because Naughty Dog and the TLoU) than Days Gone. A new IP, so similar to Sony's second newest IP (after Horizon Zero Dawn), just seem nuts so me - somebody so into this genre.

Is there confirmation either which way, of whether this will have some form of multiplayer?

I get that it's a single player game, but to not let a bunch of friends roam around this world together seems like a massive missed opportunity.

Nice trailer, day one of course. That means TLOU2 in June and Ghost for Holiday 2019. This then leads up to Death Stranding in early 2020 while Sony prepares for PS5 launch titles reveal at E3.

Soon than I thought. I the play throughs I've seen didn't hugely excite me but this is a genre I like so I'll keep a close eye on it.

No I've been at bend for ~4 years now. Previously I was at guerrilla cambridge.

Also: FWIW we are hiring for a senior graphics programmer. :mrgreen: so yeah. If you like the thought of living in a mountain resort town with a 5 minute commute... Then mention me so I get the finders bonus.
I think your game looks really promising (I really liked the recent gameplay video) but there is one important thing that is bugging me (and others) since the first video I watched: basically I think the character needs to turn around more quickly to take care of the zombies that are constantly behind him.

As my english is not that good I took the liberty to copy a post from another person that is thinking exactly like me about that issue, I bolded the important parts.

The game mechanics appear to be designed for 'forward' momentum when taking on enemies. The problem here is that the enemies are fast, will flank you often and the hordes are so big, forward momentum is rendered useless. You are going to spend a lot of time in this game running away or trying to put distance between you and the enemy. That ISN'T catered for and so the slower mechanics, perfect for forward momentum, make manoeuvring or turning around inadequate for the inevitable confrontations we're going to face, particularly the hordes.

Conclusion: There HAS to be a blind throw over our shoulder (with reduced damage) in order to give us breathing room. There HAS to be a quick turn that's easy and instinctive to use. There HAS to be a fast backward walk animation. The character HAS to run slightly faster in order to give the quick turn a realistic window of opportunity.

Think about it, we have not seen any game mechanics specifically designed to cater for dealing with 'pursuing' enemies, only mechanics for dealing with lots of enemies. THAT is why it often comes across as janky and that is why for some people it looks uninteresting. Think of this as a top down twin stick shooter done in third person and you'll immediately understand what I mean because the scenarios they're presenting are exactly that.

Game looks to be even better than before, possibly the best use of UE4 or most technically impressive UE4 title to date. I'm just gonna pretend to be Daryl as I play this game with a crossbow and a knife.

Game looks to be even better than before, possibly the best use of UE4 or most technically impressive UE4 title to date. I'm just gonna pretend to be Daryl as I play this game with a crossbow and a knife.

That was probably part of the idea...I'm on the fence, don't want to get too excited!

That was probably part of the idea...I'm on the fence, don't want to get too excited!
32zR.gif

Days Gone still looks too shooter-ish for me. If there is a legit way to play this smart/stealth, I'll be more interested.

Games looks really sweet now, almost like a beefed up RDR2 graphically especially in foliage density, character models and lighting, the asset quality in this game is quite high for an open world game. The romance segment definitely piques my interest out of all things, hope Bend can deliver on those intricate emotional notes and flesh out the characters as much as possible.
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/days-gone-ps4/deacon-and-sarahs-wedding-invitation/
days-gone-wedding-site-screen-07-ps4-us-05feb19

days-gone-wedding-site-screen-03-ps4-us-05feb19

Back