David Jaffe knows PlayStation 3 launch date and price.

dodo3

Newcomer
D.I.C.E. 2006 said:
D.I.C.E. 2006: Jaffe got a much bigger reaction when he facetiously thanked Sony Computer Entertainment Europe vice president Phil Harrison for letting him reveal the date and price point for the PlayStation 3. However, he was semiserious when he told the crowd how he didn't want to be fired from being lead designer at Sony Computer Entertainment America's Santa Monica studio. "I really like my job ... I don't want to lose it," Jaffe told a suddenly hushed audience before launching into an affable pseudo-tirade about the current state of gaming.

Interesting, what do you guys think?

You can see the full article here.

being a lead designer at SCEA, you would hope he would know something, right?

edit: well im happy to know that sony actually has a idea now. before it was like, "they dont know, so they cant tell us", now its like "they know, but choose not to tell us" :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad_Boy said:
being a lead designer at SCEA, you would hope he would know something, right?
About the launch date and price? Launch window, maybe, price-range, possible? Specifics? Nah.

I think the whole thing was probably a jest though. After all, Sony have no idea when they're launching the PS3! ;-)

I think there's a good chance Sony revealed that info at the internal meetings in San Fran this week.

But on the other hand, he may just be joking, completely ;)

Joke, and it's pretty obvious, to me anyway, it's a play on the whole Robinson thing. But i don't doubt he knows, just don't think SOny would let him announce launch details.

A thread about someone knowing the PS3 launch details? My head is spinning.

Titanio said:
I think there's a good chance Sony revealed that info at the internal meetings in San Fran this week.

But on the other hand, he may just be joking, completely ;)

LOL.yep,the word "facetiously" at the start of the article sort of gives the game away.......

Back