Data visualization on graphics accelerated devices

hidefguy

Newcomer
FYI; I've just finished a web site covering my work in the area of data visualization on hardware-accelerated mobile devices, mostly on the x50v but I'm now starting work on Smart Phone development. Let me know what you think - I've a couple or more references to this forum (Handheld 3D) on the site since I've found posts here more than a little helpful to me on many occasions. The videos were filmed late last night (when I needed sleep) and need re-filming/editing when I get the time again.
http://mobile.sdsc.edu
Thanks

hidefguy said:
FYI; I've just finished a web site covering my work in the area of data visualization on hardware-accelerated mobile devices, mostly on the x50v but I'm now starting work on Smart Phone development. Let me know what you think - I've a couple or more references to this forum (Handheld 3D) on the site since I've found posts here more than a little helpful to me on many occasions. The videos were filmed late last night (when I needed sleep) and need re-filming/editing when I get the time again.
http://mobile.sdsc.edu
Thanks
Looks realy good!

First off, You Suck! This was the sort of thing I was planning on doing when I start grad school next year.

But other than having beat me to implementation, it looks great, good work!

The potential this work shows for deepening people's interactivity with their world is very exciting! An endless range of applications come to mind from just the few examples demonstrated on the site, like using an environment-aware handheld to navigate buildings and stores and to get desired information about a product or location, or to translate abstract information like medical diagnoses into recognizable visual representations to better inform the patient. Getting to see graphics put to such a practical use is gratifying in a way that game development is not.

The 3D and graphical interfaces in those videos look smooth and detailed. Also, that page with examples of 3D mobile devices was a nice inclusion, especially because it hosts that footage of the Toshiba and OMAP2420 phones.

Back