DarkSiders Warmastered 1080P Wii U?

Goodtwin

Veteran
Supporter
I'm sure very few people here care about this title, especially for Wii U, but the fact that they are claiming native 1080p rendering at 30fps seems suspicious to me. We have yet to see a 360/PS3 era game port to Wii U boast this type of improvement. Kaiko does have experience with Wii U, they ported Legend of Kay Anniversary Edition, and did so at 900p 60fps, but this is a PS2 game being remastered. The increase in texture resolution isn't hard to believe, the extra memory Wii U has probably makes that fairly simple, but going from 1152x640 on 360/PS3 to a 1920x1080 for Wii U seems impossible. I think there are a couple possibilities, either it will actually be 720p and claim the PR statement was incorrect and they meant upscaled to 1080p, or they are using some sort of temporal reconstruction, and actual rendering resolution will be something like 960x1080. Even assuming they have made numerous enhancements to the game engine, I just don't see how a true native 1080p is possible on a console that has never shown this ability before. What do you guys think?

Back