Dark Forum Skin

epicstruggle

Passenger on Serenity
Veteran
First, Id like to just to acknowledge all the hard work that Farid put into the new forum skins. The first skin was incredible, it brought a nice change to the old skin. Farid even gave a low contrast forum skin when a few of us asked for something darker.

Even with the low contrast version, I wasn't quite happy. I had lately started moving all my applications to a light text on a dark background environment. From Visual Studio to certain websites. My eyes have certainly been happier. So with that, I took it upon myself to rework the look of the forum. With inspiration from Brit's WTF forum skin, i started working on my own version over the last few weeks.

Anyways, here are a few screen caps of Ive done:
Main forum page
forum.jpg

Subforum view
subforum.jpg

Thread view
thread.jpg

New thread, post reply view
new%20thread.jpg

I'm pretty sure that many could have done a better job with the color scheme, but right now I'm happy with it. Also, not everything that needs to be changed has been. For example, I still need to get the logo recolored. So expect updates to this skin from time to time.

So how do you change forum skins? Here goes:
--get firefox. One of the best browsers out there.
--get greasemonkey. This extension to firefox, allows scripts to reinterpret websites.
--Install beyond3d dark skin script

That should be about it. If you think you can do a better job, you can save the script i wrote on your desktop, edit the values, and just drag it onto your firefox window. It will install it for you automatically. Post changes so that others might try them out too. :)

Kirit

Sorry about bumping this thread but after being a member here for a while, I was hoping for the same thing.

Whats the chances of getting a dark/black backgrounded skin? Please? Isnt it possible to add a dark theme thats probably already premade for this forum software?

I dont care about button or layout changes... just change the colours. Please.

Cheers.

If you read the other skin thread, you'll see me mention that I'll also make available a dark version as well at some point. I wanted to do that before the new year kicked in, but I haven't had the time yet (I'm too busy being a Nazi :LOL:). It's coming though.

If you read the other skin thread, you'll see me mention that I'll also make available a dark version as well at some point. I wanted to do that before the new year kicked in, but I haven't had the time yet (I'm too busy being a Nazi :LOL:). It's coming though.

Thats good to hear man. I look forward to it!

I havent experienced any fascist exchanges from the mods yet so I'm indifferent to that. I prefer it in a way since I dont have to put up with little fanboys on these boards.

Back