D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die

Has anybody fooled around with this game? Because it's pretty much a lazy game that doesn't take much attention or effort, I'm trying to play it lying down on the couch.

But even though I've turned off Kinect controls, it keeps asking me if I want to switch inputs and then puts up a bar icon on the right top of the screen that slowly fills up but then goes away and lets me continue to play. If the bar does fill up for some reason, it then tells me that it can't recognize me and makes me get off the couch and walk pretty much right up to the TV screen / Kinect before it will recognize me.

Has anybody else had similar problems with the game? I mean, the game is kind of crazy, I was really going "is this happening? Is this for real?" when we first meet Amanda.

I'd like to play it, but really can't with it pausing every couple of minutes trying to switch control schemes.

I've been playing it with kinect, it's uhh, alright lol a little weird, I'll get back around to it soon enough. Overall though the game may not be the type for everyone, I get that.

Agreed, so far I am pretty hard pressed to even call it a game. So far, I just walk around and push some buttons and watch the cut screens.

In that case I'd recommend you to unplug Kinect and everything should work fine. My Kinect is sadly taking dust in an old cardboard box and I played the game without a hitch. I didn't get to play much though.

Still, I love the soundtrack of this game. Especially the credits song "Only Love".

http://accessgamesrecords.bandcamp.com/track/only-love

I was utterly impressed when Shazam recognised that song on the mobile phone. That was amazing, it said "Only Love by Access Games Records. :oops::oops:

In that case I'd recommend you to unplug Kinect and everything should work fine. My Kinect is sadly taking dust in an old cardboard box and I played the game without a hitch. I didn't get to play much though.

Your post actually just reminded me that I have one of those Kinect "cover" things that covers up the camera that came with my TV mount, so I'll try using that. Disconnecting Kinect altogether isn't an option, I like using it too much for "Xbox On", automatic profile log in and "Xbox Record That". But I can certainly remember to slide that little cover thing on when playing D4.

It is a really strange "game", but I like weird things and as you said, the soundtrack is really top notch.

From what I've played of D4 so far it reminds me of a choose your own adventure game only on LSD. The opening sequence is one of the strangest game intros I have ever experienced.

Back