CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, PS4]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by DSoup, Jun 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. iroboto

iroboto Daft Funk
    Legend Regular Subscriber

second this.
    wait until the game is released before commenting on performance. Games in pre-alpha stage are not anywhere close to optimized at all. They are also showcases for a vertical slice of what they want to accomplish, and not actually fully representative of what will be delivered. See Ubisoft: Watch Dogs, The Division, etc.

milk likes this.
  2. vipa899

Regular Newcomer

Should really be a next gen game, 30fps 1080p on a 1080Ti, dont know how much they can improve but that seems like a next-gen game if the game isnt coded very bad or something. If the next-gens will get 1080Ti performance i dont know maybe abit lower.

3. ultragpu

Legend Veteran

I'm sure they'll optimize the living hell out of it by release and by that the most effective way is to cull graphics, scale, fidelity you name it. So in the end we're getting a much downgraded version of this anyway short of the highest end pc. I'm not holding my breath for CDPR's skill to optimize for a console launch, they're certainly not known for that.

4. eastmen

Legend Subscriber

I'm telling u , this wont launch on the xbox one and ps4.

Lightman likes this.
  5. Silent_Buddha

Legend

Just like Uncharted 4 and GOW (2018)? :) Both of those went through optimizations before launch.

Optimizing the game doesn't necessarily mean drastically cutting down on the graphics IQ that has been shown. That said...

Sure and at no point did the developers say that this was console footage. They were quite up front about it being PC footage being shown. I think everyone understands that console graphics can't hope to match PC graphics, but that doesn't necessarily mean the game will be downgraded as we have no idea what they intend for console.

So at this point no one outside of CDPR and maybe even CDPR knows what their final console target will be. There's still likely 2+ years of development to go on Cyberpunk 2077. In 2 years time, 1080ti level of performance might be midrange or upper midrange at that time. Combined with optimizations that will occur before shipping, there's a good chance that the shipping game will look that good or maybe even better...on PC. :)

I for one am excited at the prospect of PC potentially being the lead development platform and thus not having to be held back significantly by the consoles. :) That would also mean good things for the next round of consoles as it'll look fantastic on those even while shipping on current consoles.

Regards,
    SB

Lightman likes this.
  6. Tkumpathenurpahl

Veteran Newcomer

I consider it quite impressive that a game which looks this good is already running at a stable framerate on a single graphics card with at least 18 months of optimization to go.

Next gen consoles will look close to what's been shown behind closed doors, and current gen will look like a supercharged Witcher 3. That's nothing to be concerned about IMO.

vipa899 and Lightman like this.
  7. Shortbread

Shortbread Island Hopper
    Veteran

More detailed information, even the possibility (@4:52) of an RTX card running the latest build at Gamescom (FYI, no new footage). Overall, sounds very promising on the gameplay front.

DSoup and vipa899 like this.
  8. Xbat

Regular Newcomer

I'm sure they have next gen dev kits by now and that must be giving them direction.

9. DieH@rd

Legend Veteran

I don't think even they have nextgen devkits.

10. Clukos

Clukos Bloodborne 2 when?
    Veteran Newcomer

11. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

"captured on PS4 pro"

:(

12. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Looks fantastic!

vipa899 likes this.
  13. Ike Turner

Veteran Regular

:?::nope: GTX1080Ti

14. DSoup

DSoup meh

So good! :runaway:

Shortbread likes this.
  15. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

that was a joke.

16. Lightman

Veteran Subscriber

Really impressive!
    Now I can't wait even more :)

Love multiple ways to reach your quest goal and their implications!
    Combat too looks great!
    There are so many things I'm looking forward to discover while playing this game, watching this gameplay only gives us a small glimpse of it ...

DavidGraham likes this.
  17. vipa899

Regular Newcomer

Best looking game so far, they probally will refine the engine more before release.

18. DSoup

DSoup meh

Let's hope it goes that way and not the way Witcher 3 went from first showing to release.

vipa899 likes this.
  19. Shortbread

Shortbread Island Hopper
    Veteran

The future of gaming looks good, very good. By that, CDPR has set the bar super high for other developers on bringing the goods. The amount of environmental/personal interactivity and the very adult-natured narratives makes one wonder... have we gotten the game of our dreams finally? Graphics wise, nothing was jaw dropping IMHO, but very gorgeous no doubt. Where Cyberpunk 2077 does make my jaw drop, is the staggering amount of NPCs and the realism of interactions (though some interactions made me cringe) between you and the energy of the city and it's beings. Simply put, day 1 purchase.

pharma, Kyyla, ultragpu and 5 others like this.
  20. DSoup

DSoup meh

The city was super impressive. There was literally too much to take in, just like a real bustling city.