CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

Please keep the discussion of social issues in the RSPC area (at best). Mod team may need to deliberate on the matter.

edit:

Please continue (or not) at the following link for those with (opt-in) access to RPSC: https://forum.beyond3d.com/threads/...of-character-creation-options-in-games.61733/

This is with regards to gender, genitalia, race, sex, or other social conundrums with being given the choice in games.

Last edited:

The last limited edition XBO-X that will be produced. And they did a fantastic job on it. Also, MS will only be making 45,000 of them.

I wouldn't mind having a PC that looked like that.

Regards,
SB

Are people seriously going to buy a brand new XBOneX in June when the brand new generation will be available 5 months later?
I can only guess there are 45 000 collectors of special edition consoles out there.

Are people seriously going to buy a brand new XBOneX in June when the brand new generation will be available 5 months later?
I can only guess there are 45 000 collectors of special edition consoles out there.

At this point it's just a showpiece collector's item. And they really went out of their way with it, it's not just a custom paint scheme.

Regards,
SB

It does look good! Both car and landscape :)

If only CP2077 came at the original rel. date I would now be enjoying this lockdown much more!

So they delayed the launch until NextGen is available.

It’s a bold strategy Cotton, let’s see if it pays off for em.

damnit..

asdkljfklasdjflkasdjfkljsadfkljsadfklasdjfklsdajfkl;asdjfklsdajfklsadjflksadjfklas;djfklasdjfklasjdfjklsad
that's okay, I guess I'll actually need to do more work instead.

So they delayed the launch until NextGen is available.
I've seen Friday 20th November mentioned by several people who were significantly more right than wrong on past Sony predictions. Cyberpunk as a launch game, if the game is nextgen ready day one, is a tantalising thought. :yes:

Is there even going to be PS5/XSX optimized versions available when the game launches?...
unless there is an announcement coming, no as of this moment (for launch). We just know that it's coming.

Would be strange if it releases after system launch & doesn't come with one.

Tommy McClain

As far as I know they haven't announced any PS5/XSX optimized versions yet and the development update cites balancing game mechanics and a lot of bugs that need to be fixed as the reason for the delay.

So it sounds like if you are playing it on PS5/XSX at launch it will be via BC mode...

I've seen Friday 20th November mentioned by several people who were significantly more right than wrong on past Sony predictions. Cyberpunk as a launch game, if the game is nextgen ready day one, is a tantalising thought. :yes:

If it is next-gen enhanced...

But will the physical media come with next-gen assets on it? Would they include two BluRays or make one UHD BluRay which rules out using it on PS4 and 4Pro? Or you have a huge day 0 download patch for high-res assets? Or do you now have to worry about which version of the physical game you preordered [PS4 or PS5 Enhanced]?

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot about the launch edition of Xbox One which doesn't have UHD drive either. So those folks would be impacted the same way.

Last edited:
As far as I know they haven't announced any PS5/XSX optimized versions yet and the development update cites balancing game mechanics and a lot of bugs that need to be fixed as the reason for the delay.

So it sounds like if you are playing it on PS5/XSX at launch it will be via BC mode...
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/06/15/what-is-smart-delivery-xbox-series-x/

Lastly, some new and existing Xbox One titles will be Optimizing their games after the Xbox Series X launches. For example, if you buy Cyberpunk 2077 when it launches on September 17, you’ll be set to explore Night City on Xbox One. If you pick up Xbox Series X at launch this holiday, you can play it there too in compatibility mode picking up exactly where you left off. Then, when CD PROJEKT RED delivers an Xbox Series X Optimized version of Cyberpunk 2077, you’ll automatically get upgraded once it’s available at no additional cost.

I guess the expectation is that this is happening eventually. Just not at launch. Unless this delay is for launch

If it is next-gen enhanced...

Well it's definitely getting some form of treatment on XSX..

But.. "when available". That may have been difference to unannounced nextgen launch dates but it could also mean nextegn versions won't be available immediately. It took then a while to update The Witcher 3. A different scenario but... :???:

But will the physical media come with next-gen assets on it? Would they include two BluRays or make one UHD BluRay which rules out using it on PS4 and 4Pro? Or you have a huge day 0 download patch for high-res assets? Or do you now have to worry about which version of the game you preordered [PS4 or PS5 Enhanced]?

We'll have to wait and see. I'm also curious how they'll bundle XO/XSX and PS4/PS5 games but I'm very much expecting separate game discs for the most part. Imagine Halo Infinite, you need to include the XO version on disc, so how do you also manage to fit all the higher-quality XSX assets - even compressed - on their as well? It just doesn't seem possible without horrendously complicated custom installers.

We'll have to wait and see. I'm also curious how they'll bundle XO/XSX and PS4/PS5 games but I'm very much expecting separate game discs for the most part. Imagine Halo Infinite, you need to include the XO version on disc, so how do you also manage to fit all the higher-quality XSX assets - even compressed - on their as well? It just doesn't seem possible without horrendously complicated custom installers.
I suspect the most straight forward method, is that you sell 2 versions of the disc (XSX and XBO).
If you insert XSX disc into XBO, it will download the XBO version and vice versa.
If you pair it correctly, it will install from disc.

Sort of like how they handle BC. It's a disc check for license, and then a download.

They would just say that in the update.
Unless it was being timed for the July Xbox conference. I'm not saying it's exclusive, or limited time exclusive or launch exclusive etc, they just want to show the enhanced version for the July showcase.

MS needs the big guns everywhere to sell XSX. Lots of pressure on their show; gotta make up for the broken hearts when people find out it’s not $399 and $199.

Last edited:
Back