CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, PS4]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by DSoup, Jun 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

I had forget Holly Bennett had moved from PlayStation to CD Project Red UK a few months back! She is a huge Witcher and RPG fan so not surprising.

Interesting video and Q&A. I think I'm also going stealth archer netrunner for my first playthrough but the guns/fists blazing also looks a lot of fun subject to that combat actually feeling satisfying. Although I almost never play it, I'd be interested to see if their is a build predicated on winning using your charm / influence / negotiation skills as well.

Holly asks early on, what keeps players returning to a certain district and this is an insightful question given that the locales in many RPGs often have no reason for being other than quests take you there but once you're done with those quests there is no reason to return. The dev doesn't really answer this but I hope that there is purpose, and a reason to re-visit, the different districts in Night City. Presumably V will establish a network of contacts around the city but with technology some prevalent there is presumably less reason to need to physically interact with people rather than other forms of communication.

Lightman likes this.
  2. Silent_Buddha

Legend

I imagine there will be, that was a key aspect of the PnP Cyberpunk 2077 system. And considering the creator of Cyberpunk 2077 is not only working closely with CDPR on the game, but is enthusiastic about how it is coming along, I think it'll be there.

Corporate would be the natural starter for that path, but I'd imagine you could go into it from any of the starter backgrounds as they mentioned you can build your character however you want regardless of what starter background you chose.

I just Pre-Ordered the game yesterday. I pretty much never pre-order something months in advance, but I'm so hyped after seeing the deep dive yesterday that I already know I'm going to play it the day it comes out. I'm going to make sure there is nothing in real life that'll be able to impinge on my Cyberpunk 2077 time for at least a couple weeks if not more after it launches. :p

Regards,
    SB

Lightman and DSoup like this.
  3. DSoup

DSoup meh

Same, I'll probably book some leave around launch time for Cyberpunk. I've not pre-ordered yet because both Witcher 2 and Witcher III were delayed and I'd genuinely prefer to play on a PS5 if this fast-loading tech delivers along with instant sleep/resume, otherwise it'll be PC.

Silent_Buddha likes this.
  4. Silent_Buddha

Legend

Yeah, I'm super curious about the storage subsystems on the next gen consoles. It's really the only thing about them that has me excited.

Regards,
    SB

5. DSoup

DSoup meh

Witcher III has long load times on my 32Gb, Geforce 2080, M.2 SSD PC so I'm expecting similar for Cyberpunk. If PS5 has faster loads along with suspend/resume, I will buy more games on console again. I love that dip in and out experience of consoles.

6. Shortbread

Shortbread Island Hopper
    Veteran

If Sony's and Microsoft's SSD solutions are what they claim to be (e.g., no load times, instant resume, etc.), then gaming on my PC would be less attractive or less ideal for huge open-world games. Even sitting on an NVMe drives in raid configuration, games like GTA V, WatchDogs, The Witcher 3, MG: The Phantom Pain, and especially Wildlands can average 3-5 minute start times and 2-3 minute story transitioning times (essentially asset loading).

I love PC gaming to death... but the load-times are becoming more problematic with larger and larger worlds.

DSoup likes this.
  7. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

Won't the devs probably gonna optimize their games to stream better for console, thus allowing PC to also get the benefit?

8. DSoup

DSoup meh

Without know how the solid state storage solutions work in nextgen consoles it's difficult to say. The new consoles will likely be able to load data from SSD into main RAM (for CPU and GPU) really quick, there are still a bunch of bottlenecks limiting this on PC.