CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, PS4]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by DSoup, Jun 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. dobwal

Veteran

Beefy specced PCs usually provide a friendlier environment for unoptimized code. If that was the "recommended specs" for the game then I would be worried.

Xbat likes this.
  2. Tkumpathenurpahl

Veteran Newcomer

Nope, it's the minimum specs! :runaway:

dobwal, Pixel, Rangers and 1 other person like this.
  3. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

that PC only costs 3851€. But they could've used the RTX 2080Ti -less than half the price of the Titan RTX- which is the same as the Titan RTX, which is only a name and glamour, but the reality is this.

4. see colon

see colon All Ham & No Potatos
    Veteran

I think they demo'd it using a Titan RTX more because it has 24GB of local memory more than anything else. If you want to show something off that's unfinished, the last thing you want to have it crash because you ran out of memory because of some memory leak that will get patched out before the game ships. Same reason the PC had 32GB or ram.

5. ultragpu

Legend Veteran

I sure as hell hope that rig ran the demo at native 4k Ultra settings so that the next gen consoles can have a fighting chance of running it 4k cbr /30fps High Settings.

6. see colon

see colon All Ham & No Potatos
    Veteran

I think Digital Foundry said it was 4k, the framerate was capped at 30 and it it seamed solid.

7. DieH@rd

Legend Veteran

2018 demo was 1080p with 1080Ti.

8. ultragpu

Legend Veteran

As said in the other thread the E3 2019 demo was also 1080p but with RTX on running on a 2080Ti.

Lightman likes this.
  9. Silent_Buddha

Legend

So, looks like a few more interesting things.
    • There will be some multiplayer elements in the game. It's still a single player game though, so people aren't quite sure what CDPR means by this. Maybe like Dark Souls?
    • There are 3 studios working on this game. There was originally a mis-translation where the interviewer thought they meant there were 3 studios working on 3 different Cyberpunk games. But CDPR clarified that there are 3 studios working on this one game.
      • That kind of makes sense because CDPR isn't a really huge developer and their scope for Cyberpunk is very ambitious, even more than The Witcher 3 was.
    Regards,
    SB

pharma, Lightman and Shortbread like this.
  10. Shortbread

Shortbread Island Hopper
    Veteran

I'm hoping the formation of relationships (not so much the romantical or boyfriend/girlfriend aspect) are genuine and well developed as CDPR claimed to be aiming for. I want to create meaningful ties and bonds with even average NPC strangers towards assisting me in the game. I want the real 'street nature' of CP 2077 to mean something more than a typical open-world metropolis game.

pharma likes this.
  11. Picao84

Veteran Regular

So, I found out two days ago someone I know works for CD Project Red and I'm now going to a closed doors presentation of Cyberpunk 2077. Will leave impressions soon.

12. Sigfried1977

Veteran

Last I heard was they're thinking about mp, but unless it fits the overall vision it's not gonna happen.

13. Picao84

Veteran Regular

There was no mention of Multiplayer on the presentation. The presentation gave me strong Watchdogs vibes, but obviously with deeper RPG and storytelling branch elements. The graphics were amazingly clear. They asked for feedback and I asked for VR support :p Got a cool jacket as well!

Malo and chris1515 like this.
  14. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Oh no! Massive downgrade on release confirmed! :lol:

Tkumpathenurpahl likes this.
  15. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

I imagine this is probably limited to making technology and game-design choices that would accommodate multiplayer in the future, rather than any specific multi-player plans. They announced earlier this year that the game was different from what was previously shown behind closed door at E3 2018, and eventually released as a video. It's now more like Dance Dance Revolution :runaway: