CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

Microsoft has the marketing deal with Cyberpunk. My guess is they delayed the launch of the game to release it on the xbox series x the same day with the series x edition of the game. Having the best looking version of the game when the game launches could help push some people to buy the xsx

Unless MS has encouraged CDPR to make XSX-specific enhancements not present in other versions, I doubt it will be the "best looking version" of the game. I don't think any multiplatform game will have any readily apparent differences this gen. If Digital Foundry et al. never existed, I doubt anyone would know there was a difference between X1X and PS4Pro versions of games. You just can't see those differences during gameplay. And the X1X has a much larger performance lead over the PS4Pro than the XSX will have over the PS5.

But you're probably right about the release date.

Unless MS has encouraged CDPR to make XSX-specific enhancements not present in other versions, I doubt it will be the "best looking version" of the game. I don't think any multiplatform game will have any readily apparent differences this gen. If Digital Foundry et al. never existed, I doubt anyone would know there was a difference between X1X and PS4Pro versions of games. You just can't see those differences during gameplay. And the X1X has a much larger performance lead over the PS4Pro than the XSX will have over the PS5.

But you're probably right about the release date.

I was speaking more about the best looking console version. The pc will look a lot better I'd wager.

I think cyberpunk will be a game you'd instantly notice increased texture detail , draw distance , filtering tech and other things. But we have to see when it hits.

Unless it was being timed for the July Xbox conference. I'm not saying it's exclusive, or limited time exclusive or launch exclusive etc, they just want to show the enhanced version for the July showcase.

MS needs the big guns everywhere to sell XSX. Lots of pressure on their show; gotta make up for the broken hearts when people find out it’s not $399 and $199.

I'm genuinely curious of how much graphical differences there would be even be between say an X1X version and XSX version given this was built to run on last gen base consoles. Just up-resing it would be somewhat redundant and anything more than that would probably be too much work right now considering they are already presumably working on 4 versions (base and pro for last gen).

Could be wrong but I don't think we will see a XSX/PS5 version until next year.

I'm genuinely curious of how much graphical differences there would be even be between say an X1X version and XSX version given this was built to run on last gen base consoles. Just up-resing it would be somewhat redundant and anything more than that would probably be too much work right now considering they are already presumably working on 4 versions (base and pro for last gen).

Could be wrong but I don't think we will see a XSX/PS5 version until next year.
I guess the most straight forward ones, AF, texture resolution, draw distance, LODS, shadow quality, ray tracing.
So the only real addition they would need to do over what they are doing for PC, would be textures (if they can go even 1 level higher) and ray tracing which they already announced they would be doing.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/cyberpunk-2077-nvidia-partnership-ray-tracing/

cyberpunk-2077-nvidia-geforce-e3-2019-rtx-on-4k-in-game-screenshot-006.png

I think cyberpunk will be a game you'd instantly notice increased texture detail , draw distance , filtering tech and other things.

I don't. Not at all.
Not unless you've got X1X and PS4P side by side and pause the game to take some close-up looks at the screen.

There could be dramatic analytically measurable (or mathematically provable) differences between two console versions, but I believe we've passed the point where they remain blatantly obvious to the human eye, especially during motion while you're focused on playing the game.

I don't. Not at all.
Not unless you've got X1X and PS4P side by side and pause the game to take some close-up looks at the screen.

There could be dramatic analytically measurable (or mathematically provable) differences between two console versions, but I believe we've passed the point where they remain blatantly obvious to the human eye, especially during motion while you're focused on playing the game.

What if you have an xbox series x version that CD project red took the time to adjust to increase detail , draw distance , load , maybe even add effects that weren't possible on the x1x and ps4pro.

Then since the XSX is the only next gen version out you can compare it to all the other versions. If someone really wanted cyber punk which console would they go out and buy ? If its a 3 or 6 month or more exclusive next gen version what system would die hards go get ?

Heck just loading times going from a x1x/ps4 pro to the XSX would be night and day

That scenario isn't related to my argument.

Are you assuming that XSX will have an exclusivity window for 9th gen machines? It would likely shift some units among people who were truly on the fence about which console to buy (or which to buy first, in the case of people who always end up buying everything).

Those trends are beyond my knowledge. The internal forecasters for the console manufacturers would even just be speculating based on data from previous generations.

But I think Cyberpunk 2077 will hit both 9th gen machines at launch will full optimization for each, and both versions will be perceptibly identical.

They said the game will definitiely look better on next gen day 1 even without specific patch. What this means my dudes is dynamic res is in play for both pro and x at perhaps base console graphics settings and ps5 and series x will automatically use their hw to boost the pixel count fidelity. Sounds very much like the easiest way to take advantage of both pro x and ps5 series x while staying within ps4 and xbox one bases range

It's going to be interesting to see how much of a difference there would be from the pro/x1x versions and BC boosted versions on PS5/XSX. Seems like a lot would be riding on whether dynamic resolution is being used and even then it may still be marginal.

Last edited:
They said the game will definitiely look better on next gen day 1 even without specific patch.

From the Eurogamer article:

Anyone with a PS4 copy will be able to play that on PS5 and receive a free update to improve the game's visuals on Sony's next-gen machine (like Xbox One / Series X).​

The developer further clarified that this would not be the final update to buff the next-gen version of Cyberpunk 2077. A beefier version of the game optimised for Microsoft and Sony's new machines will follow down the line - perhaps some time down the line - but again be available to PS4 and Xbox One owners free of charge.

"I can confirm this is not the final update," CD Projekt exec Michał Nowakowski said. "At some point we will have a more robust update for next-gen which we plan to give free of charge to anyone who purchases the PS4 or Xbox One version.​

If its a 3 or 6 month or more exclusive next gen version what system would die hards go get ?

I think there are quite a lot more diehard PS/XB fans compared to the number of diehard Cyberpunk 2077 fans who are on the fence over which console to buy.

I won't be buying it until it's in a fit state for my PS5. Since it's CDPR, I'm expecting that to be at launch. If it's not, I'll play some other cool stuff for a few months. Barring yet another global calamity, it'll still be there.

I won't be buying it until it's in a fit state for my PS5. Since it's CDPR, I'm expecting that to be at launch. If it's not, I'll play some other cool stuff for a few months. Barring yet another global calamity, it'll still be there.

I can see Cyberpunk being a game I'll play more than once, maybe more than twice. I am still divided on getting it on PC but it depends how decent the day-one PS5/XSX patch is and the respective load times.

If CDPR are just doing a quick patch, compared to what is presumably a 30fps PS4/XO target I think we'll may well get 60fps at higher frame rate and some easy-to-improve visual settings. Combined with the advantages of the nextgen SSD, this could swing my buying the PS5/XSX version over PC.

I can see Cyberpunk being a game I'll play more than once, maybe more than twice. I am still divided on getting it on PC but it depends how decent the day-one PS5/XSX patch is and the respective load times.

If CDPR are just doing a quick patch, compared to what is presumably a 30fps PS4/XO target I think we'll may well get 60fps at higher frame rate and some easy-to-improve visual settings. Combined with the advantages of the nextgen SSD, this could swing my buying the PS5/XSX version over PC.

Absolutely. My first playthrough will be honourable. The second? No-one will have kneecaps.

And for my first playthrough, 60fps and some greater NPC density will do me nicely. Oh, and considering The Witcher 3's loading times, the SSD will do me very, very nicely.

Did you play The Witcher 3 on PC or console?

It's not acceptable to think this way. And I hope you come to grounds of where you and others are misplacing your feelings about this topic

I've marked your post for RSPC, but the reality is, the forum shouldn't be inviting discussion like this imo.

I agree. Generally, there are only a few places online that arent trash tier and this place is one of them. Lets keep it that way

Back