CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, PC, XBSX|S] [Delisted from Playstation Store]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by DSoup, Jun 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Folks are used to this with Bethesda games because you can literally move anything in the game to anywhere else in the game and that's a lot of data to keep track off and a lot of dead things to keep track off. Since Skyrim on 360/PS3, Bethesda have instituted harsher data culling policies, e.g. when Skyrim was originally released corpses would persist for weeks/months of in-game time meaning the game had to track a metric ton corpses, their exact positions, their inventories and so on but they changed it so corpses would disappear within a game week I think it was. Likewise, just stop tracking odd things you may just move around the open environment but not put into a container.

There are definitely memory leaks in Cyberpunk which result in slowdown over a play session but once you close the game and restart you should expect performance to be pretty good. If performance is getting worse patch after patch it's probably because of more robust management of data to reduce crashes. Stopping the crashes is going to be their priority, optimising how data is managed will be something they look at after making the game stable.

So I think it will get better. :yep2:

edit: grammar/typos.

#1821 DSoup, Jan 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    milk and Lightman like this.
  2. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

3. HLJ

HLJ
    Regular Newcomer

I have not (6 hours of 1.1 gameplay) noticed any worse performance degradation than 1.06.

pharma, PSman1700 and Lightman like this.
  4. see colon

see colon All Ham & No Potatos
    Veteran

I commented before that I was surprised that people put CDPR in the AAA category of developers and had some people (not here) freak out on me because of it. But yeah, there are levels to production that CDPR have never achieved, and this isn't to say that they don't make enjoyable games. But this is the type of stuff I'd point at as an example.

milk likes this.
  5. Globalisateur

Globalisateur Globby
    Veteran Regular Subscriber

According to VGTech chirurgical comparison (1.06 vs 1.1), framerate on all 4 base consoles improve slightly. About 1 to 3 fps higher fps when there are drops. Some parts are variable but on average the improvements are consistent and identical on all 4 versions.

Lightman, pharma, DSoup and 1 other person like this.
  6. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

at the price of slightly worse pop in

7. DSoup

DSoup meh

Naturally if you keep removing things to render you can improve the median frame rate, but you'll end up with:

8. HLJ

HLJ
    Regular Newcomer

There is no more performance too be squeezed out of that hardware without dialing back on something else...surprise, surprise.

Lightman likes this.
  9. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Dangerously Mirthful
    Legend

Is there a button to hang up on phone calls? I keep getting calls I can't ignore and it screws up my mission dialogues.

Other than that I'm really enjoying the game more this play through. I'm not running through the main missions, trying to do all the side ones I didn't even look at before. Just finished the Delamain missions and really got a good chuckle out of it, surprised me!

The game is running better for me still under the 1.1 patch. I'm getting 'tween 45-60fps with very little texture pop or little weirdnesses. I'm impressed with their fixes in this one.

I really do want a skip/end dialogue button though, am I just missing it?

Stupid side note, I bloody loved that game in my teens when it came out on the 2600. I would spend hours daily playing it and thought it was just the bee's nuts for the minimal graphics approach. Didn't even consider at the time they did it do to the limited hardware. ROFL!

10. DSoup

DSoup meh

What!?! You don't want to go bowling, cousin? :runaway:

11. digitalwanderer

Legend

At least I could cut those off with the flick of a key, but yeah and 3 times as annoying. If I don't answer it automatically answers for me? WTF, I'd throw the phone out the window!

orangpelupa and DSoup like this.
  12. messyman

Regular

This is some of the buggiest games I've ever played. It makes Bethesda RPGs look like technical masterpieces.

13. HLJ

HLJ
    Regular Newcomer

Let me guess...console-player?

Lightman likes this.
  14. messyman

Regular

Base PS4 :yelling:

Lightman likes this.
  15. HLJ

HLJ
    Regular Newcomer

Knew it...

16. digitalwanderer

Legend

So sorry, they really screwed y'all over. I hope it gets better for the earlier gen consoles who were lied to so much. :(

PSman1700 likes this.
  17. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

No wonder. Btw someone posted a test on YouTube and ssd helped the streaming issues a ton. If you have spare ssd, try installing cyberpunk on it.

Btw,
    My uh... What was it called.. Little cousin? Anyway he's a kid still in middle school or something and he complains his PS4 chugging. It seems it was not only cyberpunk that have performance issue. But cyberpunk is one of the most egregious

PSman1700 likes this.
  18. PSman1700

Veteran Newcomer

I had a base (launch) model before the PS5 and yes, atleast in multiplat games it was struggeling. The hardware for sure doesnt hold up anymore, and thats kinda been going for a while now. Its not only RDR2. SSD's dont help much in this regard.

orangpelupa and Lightman like this.
  19. HLJ

HLJ
    Regular Newcomer

I "retired" Skippy...my current fav is "Divided We Stand"...I like the silence now ^^

Lightman likes this.