CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

the main campaign has always been devoid of challenge (at least compared to the side missions). But the gameplay didn't grip me at all. The gunplay was not to my taste (still better than control, worse than destiny and titanfall), the melee was boring as heck (felt like skyrim), and the hacking was pretty boring (but with unlocked skills/upgrades/perks, its fun like watchdogs).

I don't mind challenging encounters. Heck, i even okay with stupid boring challenging encounters like in Destiny 1 with bullet sponge boss and almost 1 hit-kill rockets (hello valus t'aurc!). But i really can't stand gameplay feel that doesn't fit my taste. Like destiny 2 and its stupid amounts of busywork. Its simply more fun to play when i skipped them (ignored all bounties, ignored seasonal objectives, etc).

The main problem is the AI. is lacking, stupid, buggy. I found the final boss boring. I die a couple of time for not taking him very serious but it was so easy to kill...And I play in Very Hard. I was only lvl 27 with minor crafting/upgrades.

A friend of mine who play RPGs played this game like he normally world, lvling, investing in crafting, etc. He got to the final battle at lvl 38 and it was extremely boring to him, the enemies literally couldn't deal dmg to his character....

I hope they fix this for the DLC and also get a fking better ending.

According to this Cyberpunk Storyline guide [ https://www.powerpyx.com/cyberpunk-2077-story-choices-guide/ ] only 2% or less of your choices have a lasting impact. Here is their breakdown:

--------------
Before we start, it’s important to know what types of choices there are and how they work:
  • Most dialogues (98%) have no impact on the story whatsoever. The vast majority of dialogue only changes the next line of dialogue and that’s it.
  • Only a very small subset of dialogues (around 2% of all dialogues) actually have any impact whatsoever. These are the choices pointed out in this guide.
  • You will always end up on the same linear story path with the same objectives and missions no matter what. Even if you go for the choices in this guide or not won’t change what missions you get. The game is much more linear than it seems.
  • One trophy / achievement is easy to miss – for “The Devil” trophy / achievement you must
    save Takemura in Main Quest “Search and Destroy“. Only if he’s alive you can get his trophy during The Devil Ending (if he’s dead you can still get the same Ending but the trophy only unlocks if he’s alive).
  • For the “Secret Ending” (not needed for any trophy or achievement) you need to pick certain dialogues during
    Side Job “Chippin’ In”.
    This is detailed further in the Endings Guide. Here we will focus on the Story Choices and not the side content.
  • All other Endings are entirely decided by one set of Dialogues during the final mission. Anything you do (or don’t do) during the story leading up to the ending is completely inconsequential. Other than those warnings above there are no “wrong” choices.

• All other Endings are entirely decided by one set of Dialogues during the final mission. Anything you do (or don’t do) during the story leading up to the ending is completely inconsequential. Other than those warnings above there are no “wrong” choices.

Damn, so they basically went the Mass Effect 3 route where most everything you do or say in the game to the other characters doesn't matter as long as you say the right things to them at the end. Bleh.

Oh well, I'm still massively enjoying the game.

Regards,
SB

According to this Cyberpunk Storyline guide [ https://www.powerpyx.com/cyberpunk-2077-story-choices-guide/ ] only 2% or less of your choices have a lasting impact. Here is their breakdown:

--------------
Before we start, it’s important to know what types of choices there are and how they work:
  • Most dialogues (98%) have no impact on the story whatsoever. The vast majority of dialogue only changes the next line of dialogue and that’s it.
  • Only a very small subset of dialogues (around 2% of all dialogues) actually have any impact whatsoever. These are the choices pointed out in this guide.
  • You will always end up on the same linear story path with the same objectives and missions no matter what. Even if you go for the choices in this guide or not won’t change what missions you get. The game is much more linear than it seems.
  • One trophy / achievement is easy to miss – for “The Devil” trophy / achievement you must
    save Takemura in Main Quest “Search and Destroy“. Only if he’s alive you can get his trophy during The Devil Ending (if he’s dead you can still get the same Ending but the trophy only unlocks if he’s alive).
  • For the “Secret Ending” (not needed for any trophy or achievement) you need to pick certain dialogues during
    Side Job “Chippin’ In”.
    This is detailed further in the Endings Guide. Here we will focus on the Story Choices and not the side content.

So disappointing. this makes this game not as good as a linear story. Idk what CDPR was thinking. This is the problem with you create so much hype for 8 years(!!!) You better deliver 100% or you are fucked. I think after all of this some heads needs to roll.

Image how this game would be if it had all resources put into a fully long linear story very well writing and polish. so sad it ended up like this.

I'm hypnotized... just strolling through the city with open jaw for hours. Sucked up. Lost track of reality and its worries.
Still not played so much of the game itself, but back then... Atari cardridge in one hand and a copy of Bladerunner in the other... dreaming... And now the dream became real. :)
Best AAA game of a decade for me. Will put it into the folder where MDK is... XD

So disappointing. this makes this game not as good as a linear story. Idk what CDPR was thinking. This is the problem with you create so much hype for 8 years(!!!) You better deliver 100% or you are fucked. I think after all of this some heads needs to roll.

Image how this game would be if it had all resources put into a fully long linear story very well writing and polish. so sad it ended up like this.

What if you played the game without reading about this. Would you even know that the dialogue choices during the ending would change it?
And would that even matter if you chose different on your second playthrough?

I'm hypnotized... just strolling through the city with open jaw for hours. Sucked up. Lost track of reality and its worries.
Still not played so much of the game itself, but back then... Atari cardridge in one hand and a copy of Bladerunner in the other... dreaming... And now the dream became real. :)
Best AAA game of a decade for me. Will put it into the folder where MDK is... XD

Lol same here, im not actually playing the story (i dont care for SP games anymore since about 10/15 years ago). Same for the GTA's, if i can find a savefile and just have it all unlocked and just exploring and taking in the graphics and sound.

--------------
    Side Job “Chippin’ In”.

Not exactly evolved RPG play eh. That is similar to Deus Ex Invisible War.

Last edited:
What if you played the game without reading about this. Would you even know that the dialogue choices during the ending would change it?
And would that even matter if you chose different on your second playthrough?

Yes. I already talked about how to dialog options felt empty and how I felt forced to select specific ones. It is time saving that all ending are available at the final mission just a dialog option away but it is not as rewarding. The game I like the most in recent years is Sekiro. You have 3 endings. the first is not as good but you can simple copy the save game and restore it if you don't want to start again. for the other 2 you can do the same but you need to do diff things to achieve them so it's not just empty dialog but story related. If this was a linear game with 50% as good campaign as Sekiro's(longer story, better mechanics, a magnificent AI, etc) this would be the game of the year.

I think this game has a solid base but they didn't fully utilize it. FFS after defeating the final bosses in Sekiro(Owl and Isshin) my hands where shaking, the feeling was incredible, I had to spent 3 days battling with Owl to beat him and 2 days with Isshin. In CP after defeating smasher I only felt emptiness. he as a character was just empty(the first time I even bugged him). Yeah NC is an incredible achievement and it gives you goosebumps the first time you play it, but the game itself is not quite up to that level. The game is in the middle between linear and ME style choices game and because of that is not very good at either of those.

and here you have 7 endings(which are really only 3), and guess what you lose in all of them....everything that you did was for nothing.what is the point in giving 7 endings if at the end they all same the same outcome...

I don't know why there isn't an Arasaka ending where they imprint your engram onto a new special biochip and then flatline you so you can spend the next 6 weeks talking to yourself as you take the orange pills to speed up the process. LOL.

Nevermind that it's a dumb explanation for an ending. "The biochip recodes your body to be more amendable to Johnny Silverhand." What physiological changes need to happen other than maybe recoding synapses and neurons related to memories? Which the biochip seems to be horrible at doing as it never seems V loses portions of his memory. Rather he gains some of Johnny's memory in the form of dreams.

At least, it would have made for a more sensible ending to tell V he would end up a 30-year-old with Alzheimer's or something.

It would have been interesting if the game centered around you navigating through the storyline trying to deal with characters you should know but don't as you try to maintain your status at Afterlife while becoming more and more like Silverhand. Hangover 2077. But I digress.

~40 hours into the game now...still in Act 2 :D
Still getting lost exploring, passing crimes and going full "Mantis mode", doing Gigs and just liberated some kids from a wacko serial killer...I guess when I have cleared the map completely of "stuff" I will start on the main quest.
Level 35 now, streetcred 50....found a ripperDoc with a subdermal implant that gives 200 amour (which suits my "full on Mantis mode".

And apparently you increase your "Athletic" skill doing power-jump, so I am bunny jumping all over the city :LOL:

According to this Cyberpunk Storyline guide [ https://www.powerpyx.com/cyberpunk-2077-story-choices-guide/ ] only 2% or less of your choices have a lasting impact. Here is their breakdown.

That's pretty disappointing coming after Witcher 3.

Yeah, not only is this game a mess technically, CDPR vastly over promised on the immersive-ness of thew world with janky spawning/de-spawning and AI of NPCs and vehicles. The three life paths, which CDPR kept talking about at every opportunity, just vary the first 20 minutes of the game and your introduction to meeting Jackie.

The Witcher 3 was a bit janky in places but they delivered on the vision of the world. I am 33 hours into Cyberpunk and really enjoying the gameplay and story but once completed, but knowing the story is going to play out the same, there is less reason to replay this game outside of the DLC.

Yeah, not only is this game a mess technically, CDPR vastly over promised on the immersive-ness of thew world with janky spawning/de-spawning and AI of NPCs and vehicles. The three life paths, which CDPR kept talking about at every opportunity, just vary the first 20 minutes of the game and your introduction to meeting Jackie.

i just watched old videos of cyberpunk.
there are lots of cut contents and design changes indeed!

for example about the three life paths you mentioned. Originally all of them have 3 different "anchor NPC" probably all 3 gonna be big-budget AAA actor/actrees.

It seems CDPR pulled a bungie with Cyberpunk. I just hope they can pull a Hello Games and really bring Cyberpunk back to its original concept (maybe with the help from modders?)

still no return/refund policy in Indonesia. Those that buy digitally on PSN also still have no dedicated page like US PSN.

Reconciliation park has to be the most impressive location in a video game. Mesmerizing architecture with the trees at ground level and massive multilayered skyscrapers hanging above you. I wandered around in awe looking at stuff at different times of day.

is that the one with hostile architecture?

I'm not sure it's helping CP2077 / CDPR right now... And Last of Us 2, most people didn't knew or care about what was "divisive" about the title. And it was still a very polished game (from a tech pov). For CP2077, it's all over, even in non-tech medias.

Back