CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

begs the question of why Microsoft are still selling it for Xbox One, on which it runs worse than base PS4.

In the DF analysis the OneS version hung for over a minute. Firefights where near impossible to win. Thats just not playable.

I've had a few crashes but my biggest trauma with Cyberpunk 2077 was experiencing one of the first person sex scenes. Literally no warning, literally BAM!

Lol. Atleast its a 18+ rated game i think :p

I think its because it's in the Halo Infinite zone it's found its true home. :D

On OneS its bad, not on Series consoles :) On the XSS its impressive considering the hardware and price, DF thought so atleast (havent played myself on any console).

Yeah, it's CD Project Red that's going to be paying for it. Smart move Microsoft, smart move.

Haha, well, MS had to change tactics since the summer :)

What pre-paid money? Is this another case of different rules in different countries? In most EU countries, Sony does not charge you for a pre-order until the game is released. The pre-order will say you'll be charged immediately but in practise you aren't.

Well, I meant the people who pre-ordered, paid and got the game before all its problems came up. How should Sony/CDPR lose its money otherwise as surely not everybody will consider returning the product.

You guys getting sex scenes ?

I don't do any of the romancing stuff in games so heading off to a mission only to be involuntarily thrown into weird sex scene caught me completely off-guard. Usually in RPGs you can see the sex coming with some flirtatious behaviour of dialogue but nope. KAPOW!

Well, I meant the people who pre-ordered, paid and got the game before all its problems came up. How should Sony/CDPR lose its money otherwise as surely not everybody will consider returning the product.

Paying for pre-orders is just a weird concept to a lot of people. In many countries you pre-order, then when the game is shipped to you, or when it downloads and is ready to unlock, that's when you get charged. Think about it, why are you paying before you get the product? :???:

Disc version? Why does anyone buy downloadable games that are also available on a disc version with no lock in to an account?

Yup. Cyberpunk demonstrates that the TRC needs to be expanded to cover aspects key to the quality of the user experience playing the game, not just it's ability to run. Sony have since pulled Cyberpunk from their Store and there is a no-questions-asked refund policy for it. That's going to sting for CDPR and their investors.

The norm in digital retail is the publisher is paid at the end of the calendar month in which the sale took place, so CDPR will be getting very little from Sony at the end of December. CDPR will certainly have had access to PSN pre-orders numbers and post-launch sale numbers and anticipating payment based on that number.

It's going to hurt but it's not going to hurt as much as it could have. ~60% of Cyberpunk 2077 sales were on PC. So I'd estimate that somewhere between 20-30% sold on Playstation. Of those, I'm doubtful that everyone will ask for a refund. PS5 users are probably fine with it and some PS4/Pro users are probably fine with it.

So, I'd guesstimate that ~10-20% of Playstation owners might try to get a refund. Of those, how many purchased digitally off of PSN and how many got it at retail. If they got it at retail and their retailer won't accept a return, how many will contact CDPR to get try to get help getting a refund? I could see PS returns potentially being 10% or less of total sales.

This is definitely not good for CDPR, but they are fortunate that most of their sales were on PC where gamers are much more tolerant of janky stuff. :p

Regards,
SB

Disc version? Why does anyone buy downloadable games that are also available on a disc version with no lock in to an account?
Because I do not have to get up of the sofa, if I want to play another game to swap discs.
Also I do not have to make the physical space/room available to store discs.

So my question is why would anybody bother with the archaic practice of discs anymore? It goes both ways, we all have our reasons and they resonate stronger or weaker for each person.

So basically I think your question is a bit off, we are not all the same and usually what is best for one is not good for somebody else. :)

This shit rights itself.:rolleyes:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...maker-faces-hostile-staff-after-failed-launch
The meeting took place before Sony Corp.’s shocking announcement that it was pulling Cyberpunk 2077 from the PlayStation Store and will offer full refunds to any customer who requests one. During the staff meeting, CD Projekt’s directors said they had come to an arrangement with Sony but didn’t offer specifics. In a Twitter post on Friday, the company said that “following our discussion with PlayStation, a decision was made to temporarily suspend digital distribution” of the game.

Last edited:
Back