CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

There was a lot of complaints about witcher3 pc version being scaled down to fit consoles back in the day. I guess they showed some demo stuff earlier that didn't end up in the game.

I don't care what those reviews say. Except for HairWorks it hardly had any graphically good effects. From my point of view none of CD Projects games were technically so impressive that it would be worth mentioning at all. This one is their FIRST and it's really remarkable. I tend to share BillScpencer's view on this.

Last edited:
There was a lot of complaints about witcher3 pc version being scaled down to fit consoles back in the day. I guess they showed some demo stuff earlier that didn't end up in the game.
yes, I remember this but still game was prised for graphis even tough 5 years later is not a looker

https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Cybe...k-2077-Benchmarks-GPU-CPU-Raytracing-1363331/

CPU benchmark.

TLDR:

For 60fps gameplay:
  • AMD: Either 8 core Zen 2 or 6 core Zen 3
  • Intel: 6 core, better if it has 12 threads.
edit:

Translated from German

We have now run enough CPU benchmarks to draw a conclusion. Cyberpunk 2077 raises the demands on the processor by several notches. While quad-cores with SMT are usually sufficient in other titles, even hexa-cores are mercilessly destroyed by 8, 10 and 12-cores in CD Project's latest title. Those who want to play with ray tracing are confronted with even higher costs, everything below a 10900K generates more or less strong jerks. We can only recommend very strong CPUs from a Core i9-9900K or Ryzen 9 3900XT based on the present results. Many cores are trumps, the core scaling is extraordinarily good in Cyberpunk.

You need a lot of fast cores lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
The game was downgraded from the 2013 reveal footage, it looked like a cartoon version of the initial showing. Even that showing was not all that anyway. But I am honestly impressed by the CP2077 graphics

Cyberpunk looks very good but probably only on rtx 3080 ultra settings with rt, I can't see real next generation leap here to be honest.

As basically everyone says, 2077 definitely is the true next gen graphical leap everyone wanted. It doesnt matter if its only on 3080 class hardware, its here now, high at the top of the mountain, above anything else, and i guess they will only improve going from here.
They needed the PC to achieve this and choose to do so. Its going to tank on older hardware, as evident from benchmarks. But finally we got this leap. ITs very much like the 2007 Crysis game all over again, but this one seems more optimized. Thanks CDPR!

Again, i really like to see how CDPR improved, that studio from Poland going to the top from where they started out. They are not Rockstar, remember that.

Then you'd have to wait for the 10th generation.... if even that.
nah, there will be better looking games soon (character models are for example only ok, not great), city density is impressive but it's not a looker at first glance

Boy that is rough.

720-900p on PS4 (What the heck is One S going to look like? lol)
972-1188p on 4Pro

Cinematic framerates on PS4. :| Mostly 30 on 4Pro until you get into the car.

I don’t care what anybody says, this game looks absolute gorgeous on the PS4.
Compare it to DEUS Ex and it looks a complete generation ahead on every level.

the frame rate seems rough but the motion blur will cover some of it. I understand it will take a high end PC or PS5 to max the game out, but the fact that the game runs on the old console is impressive by itself. It feels like W3 on switch, but more like if RDR2 ran on switch

The biggest scam in the industry atm.

I wouldn't call it scam. There will be plenty of casual gamers who mayn't particular care about CP 2077 or any other similar high-end triple-A titles, but still looking for a better gaming experience with prior titles and/or game pass.

But I do have a feeling Microsoft will introduce a $399 all digital (non-optical) XBSX next year though.:yep2:

1440p ultra settings, im getting between 58 fps and drops down to 30 fps in some of the more crowded areas. This game is demanding

Im running it on ryzen 3600, rtx 3070 and stored on nvme... thank god for g-sync otherwise i would be dissapointed :LOL:

Not sure if i should just chill and wait for more performance patches or keep playing

I wonder if they can optimize it further on the last gen consoles? Might be more playable in 3-6 months after a few patches...

I think the issue here is a 2012 average low power CPU. There are some limitations that I don't think can be optimized for.
after watching df material I think they should just skip ps4/xone versions, tomorrow user metacritic score of ps4 verision could be interesting ;d

There might be a bug with chromatic aberration when used with DLSS. Here is one person's experience

I swapped back and forth between RT On/RT Off - reflections in the game are kind of meh, but the lighting definitely looks way better with RT On. The performance penalty requires DLSS though. Flipping it on and off, I really hated DLSS on, there was a lot of motion artifacts when panning and stuff. I played through for a bit, switching back and forth in scenes where I wanted to see what would look better. At some point i turned off chromatic aberration and film grain with DLSS off - looked great, but then when I swapped DLSS back on - all of a sudden all those motion artifacts were gone. Turns out something about chromatic aberration really messes with DLSS. If you plan around quickly with it on it creates weird artifacts on bright surfaces, with it off the artifacting is gone. After that I just left DLSS on Quality and RT on whatever the highest setting is called. Game played and looked great.

Back