CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

All these images are without the Day 0 patches for consoles? I didn't exactly follow as to when the Day 0 patches would be released or unlocked.
PC has another patch to come, the console images will vary between whatever it was captured on - worst case scenario the gold version burned on retail discs weeks ago without any patches, to the day 0 patches spread across two patches. It'll depend. From the tweets above, it seems like this is as good as it gets for consoles for launch.

I think most agree base consoles are heavily compromised. ~720p on One/One S, ~900p on PS4, sub-30fps frame rates and other graphical issues. PS4 Pro/One X fair much better.

SkilluUp just released his review, it's only 52 mins long!

DF video - RT focused

SkillUp echoes John’s opinion from DF’s prevideo (preview video), that Night City is the best looking game he’s seen as a whole with amazing verticality. It’s a really, really good review that starts with the (myriad) bugs and goes onto, you know, the game itself. He’s a good reviewer, and thorough. He was limited to the PC game because there’s a console review embargo.

a0f283ac8338c6212231711042b90c18d74151db.jpeg

28cc1d40e0a54c46d16dbeac69009b590b117d47.jpeg

The PS4 version.
It doesn’t even have screen res HUD, or are those Dirt 5-level encoder issues?

Basically my main problem with CDProjekt has done, it is the fact they hide the base console version. This a bit sad because CDProjekt was a very honest studio. If the game looks like a switch game ok but be honest.

It doesn’t even have screen res HUD, or are those Dirt 5-level encoder issues?

Physical shop in France release the game earlier and multiples journalist bought the PS4 and Xbox One version and the consensus is the base console version are bad. The youtube version is from a livestream but they guy said it looks bad.

PC has another patch to come, the console images will vary between whatever it was captured on - worst case scenario the gold version burned on retail discs weeks ago without any patches, to the day 0 patches spread across two patches. It'll depend. From the tweets above, it seems like this is as good as it gets for consoles for launch.

I think most agree base consoles are heavily compromised. ~720p on One/One S, ~900p on PS4, sub-30fps frame rates and other graphical issues. PS4 Pro/One X fair much better.

All in all, I'm kind of glad I'll be busy with work again for the first week after the game releases. I might not even give it a go until the genuine next-gen patches are released. So little time and so many backlogged titles already. Mainly so little patience for bugs and glitches. I'm sure it'll age into a great gaming experience.

All in all, I'm kind of glad I'll be busy with work again for the first week after the game releases. I might not even give it a go until the genuine next-gen patches are released. So little time and so many backlogged titles already. Mainly so little patience for bugs and glitches. I'm sure it'll age into a great gaming experience.

Full on next-gen versions could well be some time off. This release, in it's current state, is now seven months late. Earlier in the year the next gen versions were scheduled as 2021 but phrased is such a way as to suggest a later release, which I now think does almost certainly mean 2022.

I'm sure the game will be in a much better state on all platforms in three months. It's simply easier to prioritise crash and issues with input from millions of paying beta testers! :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Xbox One S version

There must be something very wrong with that PS4 version, because this one doesn't really look that bad.
Slow as molasses and softer than cotton candy, sure. But it doesn't look broken like the PS4 version.

If that's XBO-S, that looks pretty good for such an underpowered console.

There's likely settings on PC that will look much worse and run on even worse hardware. :)

NSW version when? :D

Regards,
SB

15 minutes to go! And my work for today is done. This is first game in a super long time I'm anxious to play at launch. Previous one I got and played at launch was horizon zero dawn.

edit. Oh, the disappointment. Steam countdown went to 0 and I still cannot activate the game. I guess I need to wait until midnight/tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
My GoG says Updating 0%... and stuck there.

Their servers are not going to handle this.

It's downloading now for me. Started super slow, now accelerating. I guess they are adding capacity for downloads.

edit. And now it's slow again. Oh the misery :D Almost feels like a psn experience. I guess sony isn't alone with capacity issues under high demand.

edit2. Now it's accelerating again, 2.2MB/s and rising. 50 minutes left at this pace.

edit3. 3.8MB/s. Go Steam!

This seems fitting for some of you guys ...

I already saw main menu, but then realized I forgot to install new GPU drivers ... life of PC gamer :p

The demand for this game is another level. Was wondering why steam was having problems with updating CSGO. It will auto download/install, il be playing tomorrow, its past 01.30 here, abit too late/early :p

Back