CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

On Xbox One X and non patched Series X
They said 2021 for Xbox Series X|S and PS5 version.
Hang on, there are two patches. One is a day one nextgen patch which "improves the visuals" on nextgen machines and the big patch is slated for next year.

Is this Series X footage without the day 1 patch and we're just looking at the Xbox One X version running in basic b/c mode?, or the Series X day 1 patch version?

Dumb if they dont allow just to run last-gen settings @ 60fps on new consoles. If it is because the next-gen patch would drop them again down to 30fps.. sad

The game looks SUPER gorgeous on both consoles, but there is definitely an fps and LoD issues going on between both systems.

Animations look pretty rough in places, though. The price for hundreds/thousands of NPCs where it's presumably not cost effective to motion capture everywhere. And definitely do not try and compare this footage with the 2018 Gamescom footage, it's chalk and cheese. How is this game going to run on 2013 console hardware? :-|

Compared to what footage we've seen before, there is clearly a lot of post-processing missing here. The game looks too 'clean' in that the smog, smoke and other atmospheric particle efforts look almost entirely absent

It looks insane! This will sell a lot of GPU's in December - assuming there's any stock to be had.

:yes:

Animations look pretty rough in places, though. The price for hundreds/thousands of NPCs where it's presumably not cost effective to motion capture everywhere. And definitely do not try and compare this footage with the 2018 Gamescom footage, it's chalk and cheese. How is this game going to run on 2013 console hardware? :-|

Compared to what footage we've seen before, there is clearly a lot of post-processing missing here. The game looks too 'clean' in that the smog, smoke and other atmospheric particle efforts look almost entirely absent

:yes:

PC specs were released:

CPU-wise the consoles should be fine. Without RT the consoles are probably going to be around 1440p with potentially a mix of ultra and high settings. Although they may go with 4k with high/low settings?

When RT gets added, I'm going to guess it'll be 1080p with something like the medium RT quality.

I'm thinking XSS might be 1080p (or lower) with high/low settings without RT.

PS4 and XBO are likely to be low settings at 1080p or lower.

Regards,
SB

No mention of RDNA2 RT support in that System Requirements, which can mean initial game will not work on Radeon with RT ... (sad but happy owner of RX6800 from tomorrow).

But in case you folk have missed it, this is how CP2077 can look like with RT on (latter part of the clip):

When RT gets added, I'm going to guess it'll be 1080p with something like the medium RT quality.

I'm thinking XSS might be 1080p (or lower) with high/low settings without RT.

PS4 and XBO are likely to be low settings at 1080p or lower.

Now i see why some think RT will be non-existant going forward on consoles. I see a future though, look at spiderman, with compromises it 'works', IE, studios can call it ray tracing atleast.

The graphical aspect that I feel is most impressive beside the sheer scope is the skin SSS. I don't think I've seen a game where skin looks that natural. And it was a late development because it didn't lool that good initially. In the context of the hight tech world there, it's surprisingly valuable. It enhances the contrast between man vs. machine that's a key part of their fiction.

They also seem to have a pretty kickass SSR solution, even without RT it looks pretty damn solid. Also not present on the early gameplay showings. If it looks that good without RT, I can only dream of how good it will be once that's developed.

The graphical aspect that I feel is most impressive beside the sheer scope is the skin SSS. I don't think I've seen a game where skin looks that natural. And it was a late development because it didn't lool that good initially. In the context of the hight tech world there, it's surprisingly valuable. It enhances the contrast between man vs. machine that's a key part of their fiction.

They also seem to have a pretty kickass SSR solution, even without RT it looks pretty damn solid. Also not present on the early gameplay showings. If it looks that good without RT, I can only dream of how good it will be once that's developed.

Indeed, with RT, and in special on PC with the absolute max settings/high frame rates, going to be the true next gen leap in graphics. Doing amazing stuff like that is one thing, but in an open world that size with that much going on, its a different perspective.
They could also improve things with patches going forward.

Back