CYBERPUNK 2077 [PC Specific Patches and Settings]

Malo

Yak Mechanicum
Legend
Supporter
Patch 1.05 PC-specific notes (patch not live yet on PC)

• [AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.
  • Fixed an issue with the way Raw Input is collected.
  • Removed the use of AVX instruction set thus fixing crashes occurring at the end of the Prologue on processors not supporting AVX.
  • Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn't mean we don't want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.
  • Ray traced reflections should no longer seem too bright in comparison to the environment.
  • Fixed an issue with Steam Overlay crash on game shutdown.
  • Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.

Patch 1.05 PC-specific notes (patch not live yet on PC)

• [AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.
  • Fixed an issue with the way Raw Input is collected.
  • Removed the use of AVX instruction set thus fixing crashes occurring at the end of the Prologue on processors not supporting AVX.
  • Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn't mean we don't want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.
  • Ray traced reflections should no longer seem too bright in comparison to the environment.
  • Fixed an issue with Steam Overlay crash on game shutdown.
  • Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.
Just saw this. Will try it out as I haven't played it in a few days already.

[AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.

Oh wait, so they didn't change the 8 or more core Ryzen CPU performance. Tsk, tsk.

Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.

Yeah, I personally didn't notice any changes when changing the contents of this file.

Last edited:
Oh wait, so they didn't change the 8 or more core Ryzen CPU performance. Tsk, tsk.

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised as it looked like load was more evenly distributing on +8 core CPUs from the earlier HexEdits. Maybe CDPR put in place a Max Threads To Dispatch limit with 1.05 so anything above X doesn't impact regardless of cpu?

I see it's changed on v1.05 to

75 2D 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08

Before on 1.04 it was

75 30 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08

I am changing it to 74.

74 2D 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08

And boom! It's fixed.

View attachment 5140
Can I have a copy of "And boom! It's fixed." or explain how to do it? If it's already up I apologize, a brief hunt couldn't find it.

Oh FFS, they need to simply look at simple things like that and forget whatever "benchmarks" they're running.

Indeed!

they specifically said they only apply the hyper threading fix for less than 8 cores. 8 cores and more didn't get hyper threading fix. Because their internal benchmark didn't show improved performance on 8 cores and more.

Their QC team maybe too small?

So I upgraded from the 6600k to the 10700k. Huge improvement in CPU headroom, went from 100% usage at 30-40 fps to barely 40% at 60fps.

edit: weirdly I'm getting tearing at 60fps... on a Gsync monitor....

Ugh CDPR need to up their amd optimization. I can't get my cpu to go 100% usage despite gpu only goes to 90%.

Gtx 1660 super, ryzen 5 2600 oc to 4.2GHz.

Edit: I mean on outdoors. Indoors my gpu is already bottlenecking

Can I have a copy of "And boom! It's fixed." or explain how to do it? If it's already up I apologize, a brief hunt couldn't find it.

Sorry, went to bed after I posted as it was close to 3am here.

Download HxD HexEditor - https://mh-nexus.de/en/downloads.php?product=HxD20

Once you have it installed and running open the file cyberpunk/bin/x64/Cyberpunk2077.exe

Goto search > Find then select Hex-values in the find window. You can widen the search to from 16 to 32 but not necessary.

Now paste(without the quotes) in "75 2D 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08"

Change the 75 to 74 and save. It make a bak file so you don't lose the original although I make a copy of the file before all of this anyway.

They actually changed the value which I found by looking for "01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08" rather. Noticed the 2D replaced 30 in patch 1.04.

Back