Cyberlink PowerDirector free! If you need/want a decent video and audio editor

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
You can find the deal here.

https://sharewareonsale.com/s/free-cyberlink-director-suite-100-discount

I downloaded it already because I am working on a project for my village, where I am going to need a video editor with decent capabilities -like being able to place arrows and dots to show specific places (think of it as a virtual visit to my village, for instance) and a friend recommended me this one. It's the previous version to the current commercial one, but very good already.

Last edited:
Does this need to be registered to work
i.e: can I download it now and not install it just in case a few years down the line I have need of it ?

ps: theres lots of other free stuff on that site
relevant to those who worship at the alter of gaming goodness is this
EZ Game Booster PRO
https://sharewareonsale.com/s/ez-game-booster-pro-giveaway-coupon-sale
thanks! I downloaded the program and managed to get a 15% performance boost by just clicking a button! You can go further using the many options the program has but I prefered not to fiddle with some manual settings.

Did the program tell you you got 15% or did you benchmark ?
the program. It was a quick test to know how it worked. Gotta try with The Witcher 3 or another demanding game. How are your numbers? What boost percentage do you get comparing the actual improvement vs the number Ez Game Booster Pro gives you?

I think all those "Game Booster" softwares do is automatically terminate non-critical apps and services that eat RAM and CPU cycles in the background.
I'm guessing it should be most useful for people with a low CPU core count and low RAM amount, but for >4-cores/8-threads and >= 8GB RAM it shouldn't make much of a difference. Even less with Win10's current garbage collection algorithms.

I think all those "Game Booster" softwares do is automatically terminate non-critical apps and services that eat RAM and CPU cycles in the background.
I'm guessing it should be most useful for people with a low CPU core count and low RAM amount, but for >4-cores/8-threads and >= 8GB RAM it shouldn't make much of a difference. Even less with Win10's current garbage collection algorithms.
afaik, it usually terminates Windows Security Center -something I usually disable myself- and background processes, all of them, I think, except Defender antivirus. However, it also improves network lag, according to it -I am not much of an online gamer-, and frees up CPU resources. On my PC it also disables MSI True Color and Nvidia Control Panel.

You can go further than that exploring the options, but if you don't want to fiddle with the options, the numbers you get vary within the 12%-20% range, from personal experience.

performance gain when it comes to games
You don't actually believe that do you? Have you done substantial A/B testing of these claims? Or are these performance increases what the program is telling you you're getting?

You don't actually believe that do you? Have you done substantial A/B testing of these claims? Or are these performance increases what the program is telling you you're getting?
that's the point. I ddnt test it enough, just because I haven't had the time. I am involved in a project right now and I am not playing typical AAA games which are excellent for these kinds of tests. Maybe @Davros did, but it is a commercial application, there is probably some truth to those tests.

I havnt but, when idle windows is using 3% cpu (and thats probably the sidebar cpu meter that i'm using to measure with)
so at most i'm going to get an extra 3% and probably free up some ram

wait, even if you get more free ram, isnt you already ate more ram due to running game booster?

personally i simply put 32GB as pagefile and just let windows handle it all hahaha. Hundreds of chrome tabs while playing game on 4GB windows tablet is fine.

Back