Current State of ATI HL2 vouchers

Sxotty

Legend
I am building a computer for someone and I can take the games and what not associated with the bundle, there fore I was wondering do other board vendors still have HL2 vouchers with 9800pros? I will have to get a 9800pro or less and it is from newegg...

It used to be good with 9800pro as well I was told.

I thought they discontinued the 9600pro voucher?

I'll be honest. Wait till the game goes gold and buy it retail. Yes the voucher gives you the game, but until we get more specific than "summer" I wouldn't hold my breath for the game UNLESS the ATI card is the same price online with the voucher.

Dude, let me explain again I build computer for someone else with their money. They give me the extras as a way of payment. Therefore I want half life 2 :)...

Sxotty said:
Dude, let me explain again I build computer for someone else with their money. They give me the extras as a way of payment. Therefore I want half life 2 :)...

Professional perks, eh? ;)

Good plan actually, you get something and they lose nothing. :)

Asus Radeons are also supposed to include HL2, but you're looking at either a $183 9600XT or a $355 9800P 256MB (forget the $455 9800XT). I don't see the voucher in the pics, but an April 1st (uh oh) review for the 9600XT said HL2 was included. I'd email NewEgg to confirm, just to be safe.

But a 9600XT is hard to justify when you can buy a 9800 for less. Just ask the guy for $10-20 for your troubles. By the time HL2 comes out, that money should have accrued enough interest to pay for the game. :)

Back