Thanks to Cube Europe.
5.jpg

Xbox pic:
Splintercell_071802_01.jpg

Cube:
7.jpg

Cube:
2.jpg

Very impressed. All three version look damn good. Good gracious I can't tell any difference in those GCN vs XB pics. Lot's of playing to do till September though.

I don't know Goldni. I've seen those *exact* same pictures from the Xbox version, and your first shot 'comparision' clearly shows that. They look pixel by pixel identical - like they have captured them both in the very same moment and position. Cube Europe is not the most trusted source on news btw.

*edit* those first two pics don't only look identical - they are. I've just opened both in Photoshop, layered one over the other. Those are the same screens.

I was thinking that too, marconelly, it's a bit uncanny.

It looks like cube-europe just took the publically released PR ones for the Xbox version and said it was from the Gamecube?

Either that or they have replicated the Xbox game pixel-for-pixel, which would floor me...

I imagine the Gamecube definitely has the horsepower to run Splinter Cell just as well as the Xbox version (even better if devs learned from their mistakes the first time), but to have the same exact pictures taken pixel by pixel is just not really likely at all.

The third pic looks like it could be from the GC version as the lighting is different, the Xbox version uses that blooming effect right there, and the layout of the training facility looks like it is different.

6.jpg

In the Xbox version you climb up a regular ladder at that part.

Dural, I've seen both those pictures loooong time ago when the Xbox version was marketed. I don't feel like digging on the internet now, but I'm almost 100% sure they were exactly like that.

These pics can't be true.

I'd have to see more screens than that.

I'm sure the GC could handle that blooming effect, it isn't THAT complicated.

Back