Crysis Warhead Gone Fowl

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by swaaye, Dec 31, 2010.

1. swaaye

swaaye Entirely Suboptimal
    Legend

Ok here's one of the weirder game bugs I've run into.... All weapons shooting chickens! Nightmarish! KFC!

50 cal chickens, chickenades, full auto chickens, full metal chickens, etc.

Chickens offer inadequate damage to defeat enemies, btw. Regardless of the chicken barrage intensity. Only provides momentary confusion. Maybe need extra crispy?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 swaaye, Dec 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2010
  2. Neb

Neb Iron "BEAST" Man
    Legend

Using a cracked exe?

Cracked DRM will make hidden check fail making guns shoot chickens AFAIK. :razz:

If you got legal version just let it connect one more time to the net and it will be permanently offline activated. My version is permanently offline activated so I dont need either disc nor internet to play and it is all legal.

3. swaaye

Legend

Hey you're right! I am using the Steam version but it says I've used all of my activations so I got a cracked executable instead of trying to figure out how to contact EA. DRM sucks.

4. Mize

Mize 3dfx Fan
    Moderator Legend Veteran

Steam limits activations? Lame.

5. Zaphod

Zaphod Remember
    Veteran

Steam itself should not. And the game pages always say if there's third party DRM in play.

As for Warhead:

6. swaaye

Legend

What's particularly nuts is that the way it's worded is such that it sounds like I've expended the usability of the game and will never be able to reactivate it unless I contact EA. I'm thinking that activations don't come back over time.

#6 swaaye, Dec 31, 2010
  7. Silent_Buddha

Legend

Yeah you'll have to contact EA to get more activations. I've run into the same thing with a wide variety of publishers on Steam.

Regards,
    SB

8. Neb

Neb Iron "BEAST" Man
    Legend

Meh just took me 20sec to find. Just de-authorize game from one of the machines it was activated on as reinstalling game dont use up activations unless you changed mobo/format or other critical hardware change.

http://activate.ea.com/deauthorize/gamesList.html

http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=36974&threadview=0&hilight=&hilightuser=0&page=1

It's crappy though limited activations is used for Steam games as it takes away the possibility to log into Steam account and play from any computer. I mean the game is already bound/locked to your account.

#8 Neb, Dec 31, 2010
  9. swaaye

Legend

I don't know if you guys use Impulse but basically all of their games use activation. Even SoaSE has activation now. One advantage with them though is that you don't need to run the Impulse client to play the games.

I did find that yes but I haven't had CW installed on anything in a long while. Most of those activations have probably been formatted away. :) My brother has used a few too because I let him use my Steam account.

I will just have to email EA. I was having trouble creating an account on their site though because my main email is apparently already registered and I couldn't get it to reset the password.... fun!!!

Activation like this, without a time reset, is ridiculous because over time you will inevitably replace your PC hardware numerous times and will run out of activations.

#9 swaaye, Dec 31, 2010
  10. swaaye

Legend

Ok I got into a live chat with EA support and they gave me 2 more activations. How generous of them.

11. Jedi2016

Veteran

Aside from the activations discussion, is there a way to create this effect in-game? Command line entry or something? That would be hilarious, just messing around.