Crush K8

hmm - they are pulling a SiS (you know how they do the nBridge and sBridge in one chip) :LOL:

I swear, when the K8 comes out, I will either buy it, or put it in my wish list on newegg (if i do not have the funds at the time :oops: .

I can't wait for about 5 years from now. Imagine how radically different things will be with opengl 2 (such as doom 3 gfx being commonplace) and a new processor architecture (not x86) - I cannot wait!

Maybe I will not have the money or the need to buy it too.
I will probably go to the AMD´s low cost solution (AthlonXP) for cost and upgrade timing reasons.

hmmm the crush chipset seems to be closely derived from nforce 2...wonder will it have serial ata support by then???and how do they get around the problem of high latency if they implement a integrated graphics card

hmmm the crush chipset seems to be closely derived from nforce 2...wonder will it have serial ata support by then???and how do they get around the problem of high latency if they implement a integrated graphics card

Larger caches, change their memory fetching algorithms so they don't access the bus as often in certian things (aren't latency intensive) while more aggressively prefetching for others. You can also do things in drivers to reduce memory accesses by outputting 32bit while fetching 16bit, default the zbuffer to 16 bit, things like that. Force texture compression. The extra logic + cache won't cost much if at since the "northbirdge" will have lost a fair bit of weight.

Most people don't understand what's going so they don't mess with the settings and such settings will be factory default, while the OEMs say if Dell uses it they will hide the control panels to change this.

I figure that's basically it.

thanx saem for your insight
but how much extra caches do they need to kill off the extra latency introduced by the on die memory controller?

Back