Crossfire Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
hum..Fudo.... :) :?:

R520_cooler.jpg
:)

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=23563

He is feeling pissy, isn't he?

while most grovelly and bum sucking have seen it three times now.

Well, if there were any lingering doubts, this should put to rest the idea of a surprise R520 launch at Computex.

Reading this http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=23570 one again it seems mixing different pipe count/speed cards is okay (even with the master an "inferior" performance card to the slave), tho it seems a bit of a puzzle to me why apparently (if they are right, which of course is always dicey) you can't mix X850-class cards with X800-class cards. I wonder if the reason is technical (and if so, what?) or marketing?

What a dongle. Oh, the humanity! :rolleyes:

And cards only from ATI? How's that supposed to work when they all but stopped selling their stuff outside their north-american home turf?

Seriously, this is one mighty unelegant solution given how much extra time they had to think this through vs. SLI.

I got the idea that only the masters are from ATI, the slaves can be from them or their partners. And if they can make it work with every game, then they can use even worst looking dongles and it might not matter.

Anyway, as a former V2 SLI owner, I'm not going for it this time. With top video cards at $400-500 a pop, no thanks ATI and Nvidia.

Here where i am they don't sell ATI cards only from the partners(asus,his,gigabyte etc). Does that mean no Crossfire for me ? (not that i actually have the money for it)

lopri said:
In this picture, the reporter claims dual DVI output, but they look different?? (The other one doesn't look like DVI.. even VGA) Can someone confirm if it's DVI-DVI or DVI-VGA?

lop

All Crossfire Edition cards have High Density DMS+DVI dongle which supports DVI+DVI with cable and supports CRT with adaptor.

It's a DMS-59 connector, which I gather is quad channel DVI.

Shogun said:
lopri said:
In this picture, the reporter claims dual DVI output, but they look different?? (The other one doesn't look like DVI.. even VGA) Can someone confirm if it's DVI-DVI or DVI-VGA?

lop

All Crossfire Edition cards have High Density DMS+DVI dongle which supports DVI+DVI with cable and supports CRT with adaptor.

It's a DMS-59 connector, which I gather is quad channel DVI.

Ah, Thanks. It's something new to me.

lop

Multiply & Conquer 8)

And for those who are wondering... Those pics at The Inq are legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back