Crimson Desert [PS5, XBSX|S]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by eastmen, Dec 11, 2020.

1. eastmen

Legend Subscriber

This game looks amazing for a WRPG . I can't find out if it will hit pc however. I hope so

2. Shortbread

Shortbread Island Hopper
    Legend Veteran

Getting somewhat of an Assassin's Creed meets Skyrim kind-of-vibe.

DSoup likes this.
  3. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Yeah, this looks right up my alley.

Shortbread likes this.
  4. eloyc

Veteran Regular

It looks great in some places, but again, clipping everywhere and gahhhh, those awful NPC walking animations that we've been seeing since PS2 era, where the knees are always kind of bent and the movement doesn't match very well the animation and they seem to be skating...

Also, the trailer could be better edited. Too long, IMO.

But it looks nice and fun. ^_^

TEEDA likes this.
  5. TEEDA

Regular

Thought it was kind of a sequel to Black Desert Online. that's what the gameplay footage reminded me of a bit.
    There's a 2019 trailer on the official channel. They improved a lot in the character design and all.
    But yeah I don't always trust all the early footages. but so nice to see such works from South korea.
    With this project and Black Myth : Wukong. Asian devs are going big.
    Will keep an eye on this game but not a fan off MMO games.

6. Silent_Buddha

Legend

Yup that looks like an evolution of the Black Desert Online engine but with less pop-in and longer draw distances. Character models look a little more refined (they were already fantastic in BDO).

Looks to have the same signature action-RPG combat style as BDO as well, but evolved to have more moves and more dynamic throws. Climbing looks like it's been improved since BDO and appears more dynamic.

If this is basically a single player evolution of BDO, that would be absolutely amazing. I stopped playing BDO because I've stopped playing all MMORPGs due to how much time I sink into them and how addicted I get with them. So if I can basically experience a single player version of BDO, that would blow my mind.

It's interesting to think that MMORPGs have some of the best (if not the best) 3rd person action combat of any game. It's just that in MMORPGs you're usually using it against fodder that can't really fight back, so it doesn't feel as rewarding as single player games which almost always have much worse 3rd person action combat.

The Korean PC MMO developers have refined 3rd person action combat to almost an art form. Godfall can only wish it had combat as good as Korean MMOs.

Regards,
    SB

7. Johnny Awesome

Veteran

Looks cool, but terrible nonsensical name.

8. cheapchips

Veteran Newcomer

Doesn't help that my brain reads it as dessert. Everytime.

9. Johnny Awesome

Veteran

Cherry cheese cake might actually be a better name.

10. London Geezer

Legend Subscriber

Saw this over the weekend and I thought it looked amazing but must be a high end PC build. Now it seems that it's next gen consoles? Nice! Super sharp, super detailed, great characters. Loads of stuff on screen.

Bit generic, but what's not generic these days? Also, very much looks like 30fps and I of course will happily sacrifice some sharpness if it means getting 60.

Silent_Buddha likes this.
  11. Sycologist

Newcomer

I hope they add coop to the game for raids etc. Single player is soo last gen. The engine looks good but likely will only run well on PC and the new consoles. BDO on X1X has a lot of tearing when running in 4K. Even at 1080p the framerate is only about 30 with slight tearing and some slowdown. Combat system is definitely the best among MMOs.