Cricket T20 World Cup 2009

Deepak

B3D Yoddha
Veteran
So Dutch beat England, that was really a shocker. England were 100 in 11 overs, should have got atleast 190. But all credits to the Dutch, they really dented the pride of England. :devilish:

t20 is a bit of a lottery
but yes a funny result, prolly not as big as oz losing to bangladesh a few years ago but definitely in the top10 upsets in cricket

Meh. 20/20 isn't 'real' cricket in any case. But yes, we were utterly shite against the Dutch last night.

I'm going to Cardiff for a couple of days of the Ashes test in the summer. Should be entertaining and, even if England are getting stuffed, at least there will still be plenty of beer!

WI simply annahilated Aussies, that was unexpected. Good win for India. Scots could have won against the Kiwis if they had bowled decently.

Aussies are out! They simply don't have the quality they used to have, not to mention right players for 20-20.

oz out :)
though in their defence they were in the hardest group
btw terrible grouping, the tournament is made up of 8 'major' cricket countries + 4 'minor' countries
4 groups. 8/4 = 2 major countries per group right?
no apparently thats to logical a better scheme was splitting the groups up into 2,2,3,1 WTF!

terrible effort by nz, losing to SA by one run, Im still shaking my head its like they were trying to lose (perhaps this is benificial, i.e. easier draw), but terrible attitude

nz are gone (no surprises there), severly thrashed by pakistan (we've always struggled against them, I remember watching the worldcup semi-final in 1999 in a pub in utrecht, the lone person there, god it was depressing)
current odds

SA $2.40
SL $3.50
WI $4.75
pak $5.00

seems about right though SA @ $2.40 is a good bet, Ild say ~$2.10

Hadn't been paying any attention to this so far; not through lack of interest but that bugger life keeps getting in the way. Anyway...

Can't believe India are out. Their showing (or lack of) has been surprising. Hmm.

Got to make a concerted effort to follow the semis. South Africa are practically certs for the final in my mind.

And continuing my 20 year run of off predictions Pakistan beat South Africa.

They team have made some recent statements wrt the troubles in Pakistan and the death of Bob Woolmer as motivators. I say good luck lads!

Yes, well admitted slider. You do know that the final is on now, right?

Gosh, is it?

Yep, seems as if it's Pakistan's to throw away.

Fingers crossed for them...

Back