crazy rumor? a trip across Hyrule in Zelda TP will be 45 real minutes.

Yes, I believe the warp will be called "a horse". :)

Or will it be 45 mins of galloping? If so it'd be a pretty darned huge game world... I kind of doubt that by the way, unless the game is extremely open and barren and monotone, or game areas are stretched out into really long corridor-like sections (and I doubt that any of these would be the case).

It reminds me of the first videos we saw of this game, link riding on horses and shooting arrows at moblins (or whatever), he just went and went on a flat land that seemed to go on forever. I think Nintendo wants to make a 'big' land, but without a reasonable detail grain it's going to be a lot of boring travelling.

Oh boy. And I thought the sailing was boring...

Let's hope they've learned from that.

Worst part of the sailing for me was constantly having to use the menus and the stupid wind waker (each time to change the wind took like 15 seconds or so...)

Doesn't it really depend on the speed you're travveling at? Like it would probably take a few hours to walk across all of the world of GTA:SA. But about 30 mins to drive across? And I'm sure driving will be faster than a horse...

Not that i'm trying to prove anything, bigger levels don't necessary mean they're better.

I thought the game world in GTA :SA was quite huge for a no loading game but I never actually played it...how long did it take to get from one end of the game world to the other?

Does it honestly matter?

So what if it takes 45 minutes to get from one end to the other, unless you're making the trip constantly will you really care? No you wont. You'll care about the variety in a world, that there is a lot of unique places to see and explore.

IIRC there is also a rumor that to do everything you could do in the game it would take 500hours.

Anyway sailing as boring I hope this isnt any thing like that (if true).

500 hours? +2x more than in Oblivion? I doubt it! :D
The wording was 'to do everything'. That might include 'to get the Mingo-Mungo Sword, you have to kill 100 of every monster type, which takes about 275 hours' and other similarly dull but common in JRPGs activities.

The wording was 'to do everything'. That might include 'to get the Mingo-Mungo Sword, you have to kill 100 of every monster type, which takes about 275 hours' and other similarly dull but common in JRPGs activities.

You mean like the "Collect 10 knight's belt to get a sepcial move" in Wind Waker? ;)

Well... Will there be stuff to do in those 45 minutes or will be a matter of holding the "forward" button for 45 minutes? Hell, you could stick put a book on the controller, makign sure that the "forward" button is held down, and go have dinner in the meantime...

Well I was talking about getting "everything done" in Oblivion it takes around 200 hours, past Zeldas have offered alot of things to do but they are no way taking 100's of hours and I don't expect this to be any different. ;)

Well... Will there be stuff to do in those 45 minutes or will be a matter of holding the "forward" button for 45 minutes? Hell, you could stick put a book on the controller, makign sure that the "forward" button is held down, and go have dinner in the meantime...

I did this in FF7 when I was playing the game for my 6th time or something. Put a book on top of my turbo controller (which sucked ass) and let it do the button smashing for me while I was eating in some of the really long conversation parts. :)

At the beginning of Wind Waker, before the "warping", you had to do quite some travelling too ... sailing in that case and there was always something to do (info gathering, collecting some items from a small island, salvaging treasures). I bet the next game will have travelling diversions too.

Well I was talking about getting "everything done" in Oblivion it takes around 200 hours, past Zeldas have offered alot of things to do but they are no way taking 100's of hours and I don't expect this to be any different. ;)
Maxing uot your Aeons in FFX is supposed to take 500 hours in and of itself I believe. Add to that anpther 150-250 hours of the game+getting celestial weapons+maxing stats, it's quite possible to a create a game with many hundreds of hours 'activities'. I say activities because I can't see how farming items to upgrade characters can count as real gameplay.

Back