Countries with most millionaires ...link to yahoo article

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by draconian, Jun 20, 2010.

  1. draconian

    Newcomer

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2005
    Messages:
    162
    Likes Received:
    0
    http://finance.yahoo.com/family-hom...es-with-the-most-millionaires?mod=career-work

    link to actual Forbes article
    http://images.businessweek.com/ss/10/06/0615_global_millionaires/2.htm

    1. US
    2009 number of millionaire households: 4,715,000**

    2. Japan
    2009 number of millionaire households: 1,230,000

    3. China
    2009 number of millionaire households: 670,000

    4. United Kingdom
    2009 number of millionaire households: 485,000

    5. Germany
    2009 number of millionaire households: 430,000

    for more rankings, view the yahoo and forbes articles
     
  2. Arwin

    Arwin Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
    Moderator Legend

    Joined:
    May 17, 2006
    Messages:
    18,472
    Likes Received:
    2,194
    Location:
    Maastricht, The Netherlands
    More interesting would be if they were properly quantified to population figures and such. There's only a tiny bit of such information here - these 4,7 million millionaire households hold 56% of the total. That leaves 44% to the other, what, 70 million households?
     
  3. tongue_of_colicab

    Veteran

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2004
    Messages:
    3,734
    Likes Received:
    922
    Location:
    Japan
    Lucky number thirtheen for us Dutch people ^^
     
  4. flynn

    Regular

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2009
    Messages:
    400
    Likes Received:
    0
    Wow, Belgium is 12th. Must be all in the Flemish and Brussels areas.
     
  5. pcchen

    pcchen Moderator
    Moderator Veteran Subscriber

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2002
    Messages:
    2,938
    Likes Received:
    449
    Location:
    Taiwan
    They gave percentage of millionaire households for some countries, but yes it'd be better if the number of housenolds for every countries is listed.
     
  6. tongue_of_colicab

    Veteran

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2004
    Messages:
    3,734
    Likes Received:
    922
    Location:
    Japan
    Probably. And probably also a lot of Dutch people that are living just across the border because of the more relaxed tax rules.
     
  7. _xxx_

    Banned

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2004
    Messages:
    5,008
    Likes Received:
    86
    Location:
    Stuttgart, Germany
    You missed an important part - not only the number of millionaires has increased, but at the same time also the number of totally poor people. In germany the drift is staggering, the "middle" class is disappearing. I suppose it ain't much different elsewhere.
     
Loading...

Share This Page

  • About Us

    Beyond3D has been around for over a decade and prides itself on being the best place on the web for in-depth, technically-driven discussion and analysis of 3D graphics hardware. If you love pixels and transistors, you've come to the right place!

    Beyond3D is proudly published by GPU Tools Ltd.
Loading...