Could we have a bigger message window option?

pascal

Veteran
Could we have a bigger message window option?
I mean the message window is really small.
Could it be 30% larger?
Could the user have a control options in the profile?
Thanks

Assuming you're in the standard editor, at the upper right there are a pair of double arrows, one pointing up and one pointing down. The down pair will make the window longer, and can be clicked more than once.

Haven't seen anything for making it wider.

You know, I never actually noticed that option! :eek:

* Goes off to make a ridiculously long message entering window *

Thanks geo it is better :)
Looks like this message window was designed for the 800x600 screen resolution.
A horizontal control could be good too.

It seems to me like it might be session based. That if you leave the site and come back, it will go back to the default setting.

test... 600px wide now, a little bigger but still shouldn't be too big for anyone here.

Uh, why? :p
I know nothing of HTML and such, is there a limitation on that level perhaps, or is it just in the board software that prevents it?

Uh, why? :p
I know nothing of HTML and such, is there a limitation on that level perhaps, or is it just in the board software that prevents it?
The board software only allows a px representation, you can't put a % in there (well you can, it just doesn't work). I've been looking into a bit and it's not a simple thing to get the messagebox to stretch out. The devs have also said that having a stretchy messagebox breaks the layout.

Two questions:
Is this for any editor (basic, standard, advanced) or each editor has its own configuration?
Could we have a new editor (call it widestandard) similar in functionality to the standard but with a wider editor?
Thanks

Back