Could/should MS introduce a new virtual platform?

Egmon83

Regular
I was just thinking how MS has a lot of good franchises; Halo, Gears of War, Forza, Minecraft and many others. They do good on console as well as PC possibly in the future.

There are many Xbox and Windows fans all over the world. Everyone has a mobile phone, not many have Windows Phones. I am pretty sure that the Xbox fans would be interested in a portable version of Forza.
Bring in "Xbox Live Mobile", your favourite Xbox games, now on your mobile phone!

The Xbox Live Mobile app on iOS and Android could be used to remote play Xbox or PC, but also: act as a storefront for games.
If they do it right then Xbox Live Mobile could be synonymous with quality mobile gaming. They can release Minecraft 2 Mobile exclusively on their Xbox Live Mobile platform. That would open the door to the other games as well.

What are your thoughts? Should MS invest in it? Or should they ignore the mobile market which could potentially mean missing out on billions of US $?

For android it be easy as you can go the amazon route and sideload your store. I think MS is preparing for that if windows phone doesn't catch on with the surface phone later this year.

For IOS there is no way possible. Apple wont allow them to sell content through MS own store on ios unless they give Apple a 30% cut.

Ms already has deals with all the major android players to include outlook , word , one drive and other apps preinstalled. I would imagine they would just have the xbox store including in that

Google also takes a 30% cut I think.. But still, even then it should be worth it for MS to pursue this idea.. Actually my Windows Phone had some great small games on it. a Panzer Dragoon title even!

I think MS should offer a virtual Xbox platform to both its phone and it's PC.

Furthermore, I think MS should offer an universal gpu Dock that supports the Xbox as well as PCs thats aimed at general consumers and supported by UWP.

Offer a native version for regular Xbox owners and UWP version for upgraded Xboxs and laptop/midrange/all-in-ones PCs that supports a higher performance gpu in the dock but not hamstrung by esram nor an apu setup.

Offer stream based gaming to phones and other low end devices.

That's actually a great idea. Through 'lightning' connecting GPU's is possible as it is basically a PCI-e interface. Having a box would guarantee performance for the games.

Google also takes a 30% cut I think.. But still, even then it should be worth it for MS to pursue this idea.. Actually my Windows Phone had some great small games on it. a Panzer Dragoon title even!
if you go through googles store. But you can side load other stores. If you have an android device you can download the amazon app store and buy and install games off that and google gets no cut

Back