Considering Buying a Nintendo DS Lite, but...

bigsilly

Newcomer
...but the base system is a bit over three years old now.

I'm just concerned that, soon after I buy into it (perhaps a year or two), Nintendo might come out with a newer system, displacing the DS.

Does anyone know if Nintendo has indicated how much longer they intend to support the DS as their primary handheld system? Or does anyone have any well-founded estimates on the same question?

If it's more than two years, then I'd seriously consider buying the system. Less than that, and I might hold off.

Thanks!

Does anyone know if Nintendo has indicated how much longer they intend to support the DS as their primary handheld system? Or does anyone have any well-founded estimates on the same question?

If it's more than two years, then I'd seriously consider buying the system. Less than that, and I might hold off.

Thanks!

:nope: There haven't been any official comments on a successor yet and so far it's still selling well so Nintendo might not be in a hurry to replace it.

If you're really worried about it being replaced, you could hold off your decision until E3 (that's probably where such an announcement would take place). If there's no announcement you'd have about 1 1/2 yrs of guaranteed playtime. Plus don't forget the support for the DS wouldn't immediately stop after the release of a new handheld.

Back