CompatTelRunner.EXE

Grall

Invisible Member
Legend
Anyone else having this bastard running amuck on your drives?

It's apparantly part of the microsoft Win10 upgrade utility, and it's rooting through my entire steam folder now, gods know what it thinks it will find there or where it sends whatever it is it finds. I nuked it off my running programs list yesterday when I tired of hearing my HDDs churning, but it's back tonight again.

Trying to find out what triggers this thing running isn't easy when apparantly, windows 8 home OEM edition doesn't seem to have the task scheduler included. Or I can't find it via the bullshit cocksucking motherfucking start screen anyway. It might be there, lurking on the system drive somewhere I don't know.

Yeah, I know I could do that, but I want my Win10 upgrade. :p

Don't see why MS has to root through ALL of my drives though, or what they're doing with whatever information they find.

Is there any program that can blacklist certain programs from running, even if started by the OS itself?

I don't think that module is a requirement to be able to install Windows 10.

I think applocker might do what you ask if it's available to you.

I found an entry in task scheduler which appears to start this bugger, disabled it for now.

Thanks for the tip, I'd forgotten about that. Unfortunately, home edition doesn't have gpedit... :( Friggin microsoft!

And I only have 1GB of games roughly, five... Ugh! How come your collection has exploded so much of late?

pps: 5 games 1gb (you mean 1tb) 200gb per game ??? or do you really mean 1gb?
I'm getting my prefixes f'd up (and typing bad sentences on top, lol.) 1TB of games versus your five, I meant to say...

And no Popcap stuff here at least. Do they even make downloadable stuff? I thought they only had browser junk...

Back