Companies you've had good RMA experiences with?

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Just got done with 30-40 minutes of chatting online with a Logitech representative and they're shipping me out a new G502 Hero mouse. I've been having big time issues with not being able to drag-n-drop or highlight selections properly, the left mouse button is getting flaky.

I LOVE dealing with Logitech! Anytime I have any issue with them they either solve it or replace it, and I have the damndest habit of thinking my warranty is expired only to find out I have a few months left. (Warranty is good all the way to March 30th of this year!)

It's so nostalgic to have to answer their question, argue over serial numbers, explain that yes I've tried it on other systems and have already done all their trouble-shooting steps since I knew they'd ask me to do them. They're always polite, and it's just a matter of checking some boxes and jumping through a few hoops and then they're shipping out a replacement part to you. :D

It's one of the reasons I love Logitech and never fear recommending them to people, they stand behind their products. Anyone else have any companies they really like just because of support?

SIDENOTE: Shout out and thanks to Linus for the video about the mouse. Ever since I saw it I started noticing the dropping out on drags and highlighting, glad I got it before the warranty expired!

I've never had a bad warranty experience when it's still under warranty. The big issue is a lot of items that were outside their warranty periods.

The largest most annoying being when Onkyo AVRs up and die or kill their HDMI control boards. The price to do a repair was a wait time of well over a year and close to 85% the cost of getting a new Denon AVR. This happened on 3 different Onkyo models. They are a brand forever on my do not purchase list.

I don't like Asus much when it comes to notebook service. One example is I sent a machine in for LCD replacement and got it back with a replacement screen with a deep scratch across it. This is probably down to their contracted repair centers being sketchy.

Seagate, Western Digital, EVGA, Zotac and Corsair have all been pleasant for RMAs. Replacement has been timely and equal or an upgrade.

I had a rough time RMAing a motherboard to Asus even though it was obviously a dead stick. Sort of soured on them since it felt like I had to fight them to get my RMA. :(

Good to hear BRiT. I have a super old onkyo from before hdmi that I still use so I world's have leaned that way thinking they last forever if not for your post. Now I'll have to look into it next time.

Best: Samsung
They fix (replace parts) your phone in less than an hour.
But once you are out of warranty. They became useless.

Worst: Sony
The price to replace PS4 mainboard is THE SAME price as brand new PS4. If out of warranty.

They DON'T KNOW how to disassemble their own Vaio tablet, and I need to teach them.

They brag in a huge billboard "now we fix Xperia phones* in less than a week!"

*for certain model only

SONY
Quote from a previous post
My experience with sony was totally different, my monitor broke I assumed the warrantee was 3 years and had expired. So about a year later I'm looking at some sony stuff and notice a lot of it has a 5 year warrantee so I'm thinking maybe i'm still in warrantee but I dont know because I cant find the receipt (plus you need proof of purchase so I'm out of luck) Then I get an idea I remember when I bought it the shop took my details so I returned to the shop explained my situation and asked them if they had a record of my purchase and they did and I asked if they could print me a copy. Turns out I had 1 week left on the warranty so I phoned sony they sent a courier out 2 days later to pick it up and a week later my monitor was returned repaired and is still going strong 10 years later.

Mushkin: I bought two 480 GB Striker SSD in May of 2015 from them, one after the other, and one failed close to a year later. I guess my being able to switch between the two helped support realize that the dud was a dud, but either way they shipped out a replacement very quickly. Off topic but the sweet MLC memory on them shows extremely little sign of wear. I use them mostly for cold storage, but anyway, HWiNFO shows them still at 100% life. Yeah, both only have a bit less than 16 TB of writes each to them, but still that is cool. Funny enough the replacement they sent has newer firmware, but it can't be downloaded for my other drive. Makes me think it was just for a very rare cause of failure.

nVidia: My GTX 1070 FE was crashing for no good reason, and after running the little benchmark utility support steered me to use, and emailing them a photoed copy of my receipt, they gave me a RMA with free shipping by way of UPS.

CyberPower: My UPS was giving me an error message and acting like the battery couldn't hold a charge. I sent support a video of their utility showing the rapid discharge, and they quickly gave me a RMA.

DELL: Before they had Alienware they had just the XPS lineup and I scored one on a major sale with a Q6600 and a nVidia 8800 GTX. Thing was huge with interesting cooling. Anyway, apparently the motherboard's memory controller was glitching, and after jumping through a lot of hoops, they sent someone to my apartment who tested it, then replaced the motherboard. Jumping through the hoops was a pain, but having someone come to fix the PC was cool.

Not NewEgg
It gets even worse with the follow-up
Newegg returned his $500 of course after realizing who they screwed, then actually sent the motherboard back to Gamers Nexus as well. Turns out Newegg sent the motherboard back to Gigabyte to be repaired in July 2021, with Gigabyte asking for $100 to do so (the CPU socket had bent pins). Newegg didn't want to pay anything so when they got it back, they simply put it up on their site for sale as a fully functioning open box.

As Steve mentions in the video, at best it's gross incompetence by Newegg to simply put something back on sale they received back from a hardware vendor without checking. At worst they intentionally tried to sell a faulty motherboard, for $500, and try to blame the customer for the damage, even though they even left the sticker on from Gigabyte which detailed the damage which was present on the board when it was returned by GN.

Apparently the executives have desperately been trying to call Steve but he's not taking their calls, since Newegg wouldn't take his calls either initially lol

Despite a lot of hesitancy around eBay + Paypal because of a glut of GPU scammers, I (tried to) purchase a new-in-box EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 from a seller probably five or six months ago. And of course, unsurprisingly, I got a torn up box with a bunch of random shit in it. I had actually assumed this was going to happen, so I took pictures of literally everything: the box completely unopened, stages of me opening it, and the end result of a bunch of garbage parts.

Submitted the claim, waited like two weeks, and actually got my money back!

And then I bought that shit from Amazon lol paid too much but whatever because I wanted the top-end card with my top-end (at that moment) 5950X.

Which by the way, I've RMA'd a few things to Amazon over the past year and all my experiences were good. I replaced all sixty five of the light switches in my house with the fancy Legrand Adorne Touch Wifi series. Just one of them had an issue where it would only "boot up" to a constant yellow LED indicator and I couldn't get it to do anything else. Submitted the RMA, they paid shipping, I had the new device in my hand probably five calendar days later. Same vein, I bought 78 of those Sangled LED bulbs in various sizes -- A19's, BR30's, candelabras -- and one silly A19 bulb wouldn't turn fully blue even though other colors were fine, even to include other colors that had some blue component to them. Dropped a note to Amazon, they shipped me a two pack like a day later to replace the one funky one. I also bought a 2.5" SATA 4TB Sammy QVO drive which had problems randomly powering off when under load. Sent Amazon a note, sent mine back, had a new one in like five days again. New one is fine.

It's really hard to boycott Amazon when they get these sorts of things right. :(

Yeah, I hate Bezos but Amazon customer service is top notch for me too. I use 'em a lot, never once had an issue where they wouldn't refund/replace an item.

Gamer's Nexus flying out to Cali to talk face to face with Newegg takes some serious cajones, kudos to Steve and the gang!

Guilty side question, am I the only one watching Newegg's stock price and daily deals to see if there are any interesting opportunities? ;)

Gamer's Nexus flying out to Cali to talk face to face with Newegg takes some serious cajones, kudos to Steve and the gang!
Yeah but they are having their Director of PR meet with Steve. Not exactly the position in the company you want to trust for some serious discussion.

Yeah but they are having their Director of PR meet with Steve. Not exactly the position in the company you want to trust for some serious discussion.
I agree 100% that it'll probably actually be totally unproductive, but you must admit the entertainment value of Steve putting their PR director on the hot seat is just through the roof! :D

Would you believe I just bought a new Logitech G604 from Newegg after all that? My daughter stole my new G502 and my old one has gotten really bad so I decided to pick up a new one, but the G604 was on sale at Newegg for $39us so I figured more buttons more better and it's on its way to me now. :)

Same switches so they'll probably go bad in a few years, but Logitech will send me another one if it does so I'm cool with it.

In France I had a very good expérience with LG for a C7 oled tv. The guarantee was expired, but they still changed the panel for free because the specific problem was encountered by multiple people.

nVidia France too. They changed the power block of my 2015 shield, free of charge, because it was making a lot of noises.

In France I had a very good expérience with LG for a C7 oled tv. The guarantee was expired, but they still changed the panel for free because the specific problem was encountered by multiple people.

nVidia France too. They changed the power block of my 2015 shield, free of charge, because it was making a lot of noises.
Glad to hear, happy endings are always a good thing. :)

GSkill , they have replaced a vanilla DDR3 SO DIMM thrice over the past ten years.
Western Digital, they replaced a USB HDD which was in warranty period.

Both only required a form to be filled and a copy of invoice.

I had a rough time RMAing a motherboard to Asus even though it was obviously a dead stick. Sort of soured on them since it felt like I had to fight them to get my RMA. :(
I had a brand new ASUS Z77 motherboard. It was a premium board that cost $300 which back then was very expensive. When I went to install the CPU I noticed the socket had bent pins. I called to RMA it and they straight up said "we don't ship boards with bent pins". That was it, there was nothing I could do. I still have the board in a box somewhere. Never bought another ASUS board.

My recent experience with MSI was underwhelming to say the least. Brand new 6700XT was defective, and because I troubleshooted for a few weeks I could no longer return it to Newegg. I RMAed with MSI and shipped it to them on my dime and instead of replacing the card they replaced some component on the PCB and shipped it back. This all took about 2 weeks. The card was still defective, so I shipped it back again. This time they did replace the card but it took 3 weeks. So I was out of a card for 5 weeks and had to pay for shipping. After the 3rd week of no GPU in my brand new computer I caved and bought a 4070. I bought one of the only MSRP models on Amazon that had 1 day shipping, and didn't notice until it arrived that it was also an MSI card. 10/10 would get scammed again.

Back