Color problem with 9800GT

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by Hazuki Ryu, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Hazuki Ryu

Regular

I've been noticing that my colors in games aren't as good as I remember and with a closer look it seems to me like the color depth isn't right for some reason, even when I set everything to 32bit color it seems like it's running at 16 bit color.

Here's a link to an image of MGS2 running on that card this is just an example the color looks like this with every game I've tried, Tomb Raider Underworld, Doom 3, Grid etc.

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr37/Sergio_yzf/MGS2wall.jpg

Is it really the color depth or is it something else ? If so is it time for me to send in my graphics card or is there any other way to fix it?

I'm on windows xp 32bit SP3 with the latest nvidia drivers and already tried some old drivers that didn't solve the problem. This only seems to happen in games the colors on the desktop seem to be fine.

Any help will be apreciated thanks.

#1 Hazuki Ryu, Dec 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2008
  2. INKster

Veteran

Could be that you have the dynamic range set to "limited" (16-235) instead of "full" (0-255).
    Go to the tv and video color definitions on Nvidia's control panel, and change the value in the "advanced" tab.

3. Hazuki Ryu

Regular

Thanks for the reply, I've just followed your advice and set it to "full" but it didn't solve the problem, any other ideas?

By the way I'm now using a 32" samsung HDTV but have also tried a samsung 19" LCD monitor a 19" LG LCD monitor and a LG 17" CRT, the results are the same for all of them with both digital and analog connections.

#3 Hazuki Ryu, Dec 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2008