Coded Arms Assault ( PS3 )

Thanks for that, doesnt look too bad. Nice to see a next gen game based around a psp game.
I heard everything in the trailer was real time and in unreal engine 3.0. The part with the people stacked up in the monster was pretty cool. I do hope there are more than just that one gun, that could get really old. Multiplayer could get interesting with those type of futuristic urban maps. ah well, thats my 2 cents on the trailer.

anybody know a release date?

edit:
ah ign says TBA 2007.
seems it will have co-op storymode online also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some very stylised effects and gfx in there which makes it more appealing. The look sort of reminds me of Jet Set Radio on the Xbox.

Real-time AND a 2007 release? I hate it when companies can circulate two totally divergent nuggets of info like that! (If indeed it was Konami circulating this news.)

Looks like a new Q&A @ IGN.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/716/716478p1.html

IGN: What different types of multiplayer modes can players expect? How many players can the game support simultaneously?

Daikai: For versus multiplayer, we are thinking of up to 16 players (with the possibility of more than 16 players depending on development) with the usual Deathmatch, Capture The Flag modes, both single and team play type games. There will be other unique modes such as one where players compete against each other by trying to steal data.

In addition to that, we also have a co-op mode for up to four players. Players can work together and obtain special weapons which can only be found in this mode. The maps will be designed specifically for this mode.
co-op sounds cool.

slider said:
Real-time AND a 2007 release? I hate it when companies can circulate two totally divergent nuggets of info like that! (If indeed it was Konami circulating this news.)

If you are using the Unreal Engine, then I think getting something up and running is more a matter of asset creation than engine development, don't you think? ;) So as soon as you have designed your first level, you can show something.

Back