COD Black Ops II

Nice ! Hope they have made changes to the SP gameplay too, it got old after MW2 ! I could not play the campaign of BO for more than 20 mins, cos it was the same thing over n over n over since the superbly amazing COD4 MW ! Now, that was a campaign worth remembering !
Hope the new direction brings fresh ideas too ! Best of luck Treyarch ! And congrats on rising from the underdog to the forerunner of the franchise. I still don't like ur games, but I sure hope u can turn me around this time, cos I like the new style !

In regards to what how the campaign will be different, Lamia explained that Treyarch has “done a lot of research into making this plausible near future scenario really resonate with the players.” He also promised that*Black Ops 2 will have “branching story lines, new non-linear gameplay elements that we’ve been designing into the campaign.” He
Source:http://mp1st.com/2012/05/01/black-ops-2-zombies-mode-confirmed-non-linear-gameplay-elements-in-the-campaign/

Now thats good news !

I'm excited for this because:

-I appreciate the setting, as i did with the first
-and Treyarch seems more willing to branch out even when they fail, and they did fail with at least half of the first Black Ops

But man, Call of Duty desperately needs new character artists. Visually, the games are all rough around the edges, but I can deal with the little things more than characters who look as if they're running around with girders fit underneath their clothing, propping up each piece of fabric. There are only so many static creases, curves and wrinkles i can take jutting out from a character that's ducking and diving when by all rights he shouldn't be able to move at all looking like that.

Yeah, that's something that really started to stand out in the first Black Ops. The characters have this marionette quality to them, as if they were all carved out of wood. It's a bit off-putting.

Strike Force missions are like team-based multiplayer scrimmages — played by one player. The player is able to shift between all available soldiers and robots on his team on a battlefield. You could hop from a rifleman's perspective to a drone to a C.L.A.W. in a matter of seconds, and omniscient overhead view will allow you to give, what looks like, real-time strategy commands. Send this guy here, direct this drone to flank from the right.

The goal is to kill the opposing A.I.-controlled team and complete a series of objectives in any order. When a person dies or a bot is destroyed, it is gone, and you inhabit who or whatever remains. Run out of people or time, and the mission is lost.

We see a Strike Force mission on a shipping dock in Singapore. The mission is to capture the A, B and C points.

The Treyarch employee running the demo makes quick work of the opposition. One moment he's a soldier, the next he's a C.L.A.W. He's flying a drone, now he's a mobile rocket launcher called the Autonomous Ground Robot, or A.G.R

Source : http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/5/2/2991601/call-of-duty-black-ops-2-detailed

Much more info there, this seems to be a well needed departure from the norm. Colour me interested for the first time since after COD4 !

finally cod games that not the same game.
impressed with the variety they shown on the trailer.

but still hugely unimpressed with the graphic.
but it also make me calm because i dont need to upgrade PC, yay.

It does look interesting in variety, but I'm guessing gameplay is the same old scripted ultra linear respawning enemies COD crap. Which isn't all bad.

Yes, that problem will remain most probably. The shooting itself will be the same mindless chore it has always been in CODs this gen. COD to me is the lowest common denominator of shooters. It is shooters distilled down to its most basic element. And I guess thats why it sells so much !

But playing different roles will bring varied gameplay and gameplay elements other than just pressing L1+R1 !

To be fair shooting is rewarded heavily in COD.

Fixed ! They have an excellent reward system for doing it again and again ! Thats why gamers flock to it. Gameplay itself is very very basic, just that the rewards are varied, customisable and they are a LOT in number.
I am not saying its bad or anything. Its clever, very very clever in getting people addicted to it. Distilling a gameplay down to its basic core element is pro's job. Original IW nailed it with COD4:MW. It takes deep understanding of a play system to distill it down to its most basic element, so that every one can play and then build a reward system so elaborate that people stay hooked.

for me, the shooting really feel "right" in cod series.

shooting in BFBC2 feel different but still "right".
shooting in BF3? 100% feel "wrong" for me

unfortunately i dont know why i felt like that.

back about black ops, i wish they able to bring awesome heavy scripted set pieces in "low profile" style like those Sniper in bush mission in CoD4.
The intense is superb and good distraction/break from the majority bang bang boom boom set pieces the player experienced the whole game.

but if not, then awesome boom boom action like on Black Ops 1 is still OK.

Fixed ! They have an excellent reward system for doing it again and again ! Thats why gamers flock to it. Gameplay itself is very very basic, just that the rewards are varied, customisable and they are a LOT in number.
I am not saying its bad or anything. Its clever, very very clever in getting people addicted to it. Distilling a gameplay down to its basic core element is pro's job. Original IW nailed it with COD4:MW. It takes deep understanding of a play system to distill it down to its most basic element, so that every one can play and then build a reward system so elaborate that people stay hooked.

I was referring to the single player.
Also the gameplay is not basic at all, you are referring to just TDM if you think it's basic.
Other gametypes require immense amount of skill, planning and map understanding, more than any of the post BFBC Battlefield games (I honestly find every Battlefield game made after 2142 to be very easy to play)....especially in gametypes like Search and Destroy which always require you to be extra careful, the tension level is just like Counter Strike.

I was referring to the single player.
Also the gameplay is not basic at all, you are referring to just TDM if you think it's basic.
Other gametypes require immense amount of skill, planning and map understanding, more than any of the post BFBC Battlefield games (I honestly find every Battlefield game made after 2142 to be very easy to play)....especially in gametypes like Search and Destroy which always require you to be extra careful, the tension level is just like Counter Strike.

I was referring to both.
..... and by gameplay , I mean game-play systems/mechanics not game modes. Skill are developed by practice and map understanding improves over time. But the system that you use to implement your plans, the gameplay mechanic, the shooting, is very simple and easy. You can customise your gameplay using perks/abilities and custom gear in MP and play your own way, even though the basic option of actions perform-able in the game, though robust, are very limited and basic, leading to huge appeal of the game.
New comers love the simplicity and accesibility and old timers get hooked to the rewards and customisability. Learning combinations and trying them out. The basic shooting aspect is fun and well done, which is what catches the fancy initially, including the 60 fps silk smooth action, and the appeal is retained by the rewards that the game showers on you for playing ! Its an excellent formula to keep the player interested in your game. Why do you think it takes so few bullets to kill in COD ? so that every one can have fun, no one feels he is a noob ! "I can kill too ! " and then he is showered with rewards for doing it again and again ! and then he is allowed to make little changes to his stats and play just a bit different from the other guys out there. Making him feel like a King in his own right ! ;) He feels he has made his own game inside the game.
Its Infinity Ward's genius game design !:cool:

Back