Coallitions Differing approach to "Psy-ops"

Dave Baumann

Gamerscore Wh...
Legend
Saw this in the Times today

The US has got all the means to get messages across but has put far too little effort in understanding which messages are likely to work and which to insult the intelligence of a proud people.

The British outside Basra feel they have a better approach - from the wording to use on leaflets, to the "message by action" in al-Zubayria last Sunday where they identified the house of the much-feared local Ba'ath party leader and drove a Warrior light tank through his bedroom wall to snatch him straight from bed into custody.

The Iraqis rather respect that.

Its interesting to see the different roles the Brits and the Yanks are playing.

Will the Brits take Basra before the Yanks get Baghdad?

And based on the results this was no more effective. I feel bad for all the trees that were wasted creating those stupid propaganda leaflets. They tried this crap in WWII and it had no obvious effect. I have no understanding why they thought this would be effective now. :rolleyes:

Nagorak said:
And based on the results this was no more effective. I feel bad for all the trees that were wasted creating those stupid propaganda leaflets. They tried this crap in WWII and it had no obvious effect. I have no understanding why they thought this would be effective now. :rolleyes:

Because it was effective in Desert Storm?

http://www.msnbc.com/news/894158.asp?0bl=-0

At dawn, seven M1 Abrams tanks, under the cover of AH-64 Apache attack helicopters, drove about a mile into the city from Checkpoint Charlie, a U.S.-controlled intersection on the southern perimeter. Intended as a demonstration of power, the so-called “thunder runâ€￾ also was intended to topple or crush a statue of Hussein believed to be at an intersection in the center of the city. But last minute intelligence indicated that the statue was at another intersection, and the tanks pulled back without making contact.

Awwww.

Back