Civilization VI by Sid Meier on consoles?

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
Phil Spencer has been reunited with Sid Meier and that might give us a hint on what will happen. Phil, bring Civilization VI to consoles and I am going to make you a child.

Capture.png

Phil Spencer has been reunited with Sid Meier and that might give us a hint on what will happen. Phil, bring Civilization VI to consoles and I am going to make you a child.

Capture.png

It's possible. CPU power is the largest limiting factor for a proper Civilization game. PS4/XBO have relatively weak CPUs, but they should be capable of playing it albeit with extremely long turn times when you get later into the game.

What I think would be more likely is an updated version of the console Civilization that was released back on X360/PS3.

Regards,
SB

It's possible. CPU power is the largest limiting factor for a proper Civilization game. PS4/XBO have relatively weak CPUs, but they should be capable of playing it albeit with extremely long turn times when you get later into the game.

What I think would be more likely is an updated version of the console Civilization that was released back on X360/PS3.

Regards,
SB
I have that one. It would be a good start for a new Civ on consoles, but another remake might be a tad too much for a game which is not an exclusive.

The only reason I keep my 360 is because occasionally I still go back and play Civ Rev when I'm bored and want to kill some time.

A slight upgrade in graphics and maybe an added Civ or Two or expanded map area would get me to buy it for XB1, even if there were no changes to the gameplay.

Regards,
SB
civ 6 is to much of a hog to run on my surface pro but civ 5 runs extremely well almost all the way into the end stages of the game. That's a dual core i5 3317u 1.7 to 2.6ghz with 4 gigs of ddr 3 1600. I would think the 8 core jaguar at 1.75ghz would offer similar or better performance . If they target scorpio at worse it will have a 8 core jaguar over 2.4ghz like the ps4 pro. So I would think civ 5/6 would be possible for the system.

civ 6 is to much of a hog to run on my surface pro but civ 5 runs extremely well almost all the way into the end stages of the game. That's a dual core i5 3317u 1.7 to 2.6ghz with 4 gigs of ddr 3 1600. I would think the 8 core jaguar at 1.75ghz would offer similar or better performance . If they target scorpio at worse it will have a 8 core jaguar over 2.4ghz like the ps4 pro. So I would think civ 5/6 would be possible for the system.

It'd likely be quite a bit worse than the i5 3317u. Single threaded IPC will be the major decider as the AI can't easily be multi-threaded. As each player takes their turn serially and each player's turn can impact the next player's turn. And late game the AI is the largest factor with regards to performance for Civ. games. Even more so if you are playing a peaceful strategy and not removing AI from the game through battle. That's also compounded with larger map sizes.

Civ. Revolution was capable on PS3/X360 due to far more limited player actions and far smaller map sizes. Both of which reduce significantly the complexity of the AI and thus the load on the CPU.

Regards,
SB

It'd likely be quite a bit worse than the i5 3317u. Single threaded IPC will be the major decider as the AI can't easily be multi-threaded. As each player takes their turn serially and each player's turn can impact the next player's turn. And late game the AI is the largest factor with regards to performance for Civ. games. Even more so if you are playing a peaceful strategy and not removing AI from the game through battle. That's also compounded with larger map sizes.

Civ. Revolution was capable on PS3/X360 due to far more limited player actions and far smaller map sizes. Both of which reduce significantly the complexity of the AI and thus the load on the CPU.

Regards,
SB
I believe in the civ 6 they actually take turns at the same time to speed up the game

Back