City of Heroes - on a 6800?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Randell, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Randell

Randell Senior Daddy
    Veteran

This is mainly for Chanlnoth as I know he has both!

On my 9700Pro I get the occasionaly texture flicker and I run it at medium quality/detail settings with 2xAA at 1280x 1024. It could be smoother but often it's hard to tell what's at fault with an MMORPG, ypur system or the server connection.

How did the upgrade to a 6800 improve CoH for you?

2. jvd

jvd
    Banned

um coh improved my upgrade :) sold account got 400$ bought x800xt pe

3. Randell

Randell Senior Daddy
    Veteran

what! what level characters did you have? isn't selling accounts illegal under the EULA?

4. jvd

jvd
    Banned

Yea just don't post the name of the char .

I had a lvl 40 controller illusion/empathy and a 28 tanker fire/fire .

This was before they raised the limit to 50.

My friend had a fire tanker at lvl 40 on one account and opened another and got 3 chars up to lvl 40 in 1 week .

Game was broken badly. Dunno if it still is .

On the second account he had a 40 enrgy / device blaster , 40 mind/ kinitecs i think and a 40 fire tanker haha .

He got 600$ for it

5. Randell

Randell Senior Daddy
    Veteran

6. jvd

jvd
    Banned

there jsut wasn't enough to do and I'm not of the mind to pay while they fix it .

Look at it this way. I payed 75$ and made 400$ . I played like an hour a day (except the 3 day head start i played almost all day long)

7. trinibwoy

trinibwoy Meh
    Legend

There are people who pay big $$$ for high level MMORPG characters ??!! :shock:

Oh my god .... how sad can you get. :?

8. oi

oi
    Regular

The highest (at that time) level character in Lineage 2 NA sold for 1750$. Back in the day when I played AC a friend of mine sold his account for 2000$, while I got a measily 1000$ for mine. So yeah, people are willing to pay for accounts for sure, but don't ask me why heh.

Edit: The 'worst' I've seen was a set of unique armor which went for 5000$ in AC.

9. trinibwoy

trinibwoy Meh
    Legend

Aargh!! No more details. My faith in humanity just dropped a notch. That is truly pathetic. :(

10. Ty

Ty Roberta E. Lee
    Veteran

People used to (and probably still do) make a living playing EQ. In fact there have been articles illustrating that the virtual economy in EQ dwarfs many 3rd world nations.

11. Sanctusx2

Newcomer

When I got sick of EQ I made about $2000 for the account and the platinum which I sold separately. Yes, it's not that unusual. In fact, ebayers were quite common, not sure if they still are. The people who make a living with it I would consider kinda pathetic. But I see no reason not to collect a little compensation for all my playtime if someone is willing to pay for it.

Coh, leveling is still fairly easy. And CoH is all about the leveling since it's where most of the fun is. You don't have to get maximum level like in EQ just to start really playing the game. I don't understand why anyone would buy a coh character. The fact that there is no economy or items to speak makes me even more surprised. >_<