Citroen C4 ad

That is probably some of the best CGI I've seen. The motion aspects of it were completely believable, and the visual aspects blended perfectly with the background.

Diplo said:
RussSchultz said:
That is probably some of the best CGI I've seen.
It's not CGI - the car really does that if you press the red button on the dashboard.

:LOL: So it's not false advertisment then? Cause i was ready to take Citroen to court. Shame, i was ready to cash in on the damages...

london-boy said:
Cause i was ready to take Citroen to court.
I wouldn't do that if I were you. Just think, if a company can make morphing cars what else are they capable of? You must have seen enough films to realise that today's friendly dancing robot car is tomorrow's evil, human-eating cyborg from hell.

Diplo said:
london-boy said:
Cause i was ready to take Citroen to court.
I wouldn't do that if I were you. Just think, if a company can make morphing cars what else are they capable of? You must have seen enough films to realise that today's friendly dancing robot car is tomorrow's evil, human-eating cyborg from hell.

o_O

I'm scared.

The actual robo/transformer dancing is very well done and, as others have already said, quite believable. However, there is something about the framing of the ad that makes it look like a rough draft or proof of concept. Whoever did the CGI gets a big thumbs up, but I would score it quite low in terms of being an effective advertisement. Well...maybe not...I am now having cravings for watching a C4 dance. Maybe I just think they could have done more around the simply brilliant CGI effect, but I guess one could argue that the minimalistic approach leaves a craving for more.

wireframe said:
...I am now having cravings for watching a C4 dance. Maybe I just think they could have done more around the simply brilliant CGI effect, but I guess one could argue that the minimalistic approach leaves a craving for more.

It made me really anxious for the new Transformers movie to come out! If the CGI is as good as it is in that ad, we might just be able to forgive an awful storyline and childish dialogue. :rolleyes:

This isn't as well done, but still pretty cool:

http://omind.free.fr/stock/aa_30s.avi

The first clip I saw along these lines was of a VW Beetle transforming - quite a while back. IIRC, the guys that made it had further projects planned but never completed them - I wonder if they got snapped up to work on the movie (such was the popularity of that clip)?!

MuFu said:
It made me really anxious for the new Transformers movie to come out! If the CGI is as good as it is in that ad, we might just be able to forgive an awful storyline and childish dialogue. :rolleyes:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that! It really does bode well for a live-action Transformers movie. 8)

Simon F said:
Captain Chickenpants said:
Saw it the other night, very cool. But the important question is, is it cooler than the non CG Honda advert
http://www.absolutelyandy.com/tvadverts/videos_wmv1/honda_accord_thingswork01.wmv

I think not.
CC
Even better, have you seen the "parody" of the honda advert that, I think, is for the BBC? It was just as clever.
I don't think I have seen that one, I have seen the 118118 one, which manages to maintain the theme of all the 118118 adverts of being really annoying.

CC

Back