cinematic HALO 2 trailer

hey69

i have a monster
Veteran
halo_21b.jpg

Microsoft Game Studios and Bungie Studios have released the Halo 2 cinematic trailer, a movie-style promotional campaign for the launch of the most anticipated game this year.
This Halo 2 theatrical trailer is beign shown in more than 1500 Loews Cineplex Entertainment movie screens in the U.S. before many of the hottest films of the summer.

Where to download without needing any (paid) registration:
* TEAMXBOX
offers the trailer in a 720x540, 640x480 and 320x240 resolution.
* GamePro.com even offers all visitors a huge 1920x1080 HDTV version with 5.1 surround sound (50MB).

Its somewhat dissapointing IMHO, its seems like a tiny remix between e3 2003 trailer and some in game action, seems like Bungie didnt provide them with more fresh footage than those mentioned above...

5.1 sound should give a better experience [or watching it in cinema] but as far as the footage in the trailer goes I expected more than that.

I'm wondering about the cut-scene at the end. Is it all prerendered(looks kinda like it)? But when you pause it, it kind of looks like there are bump maps on it(makes me think in game) so does that part show the cinematics of the game or does it have nothing to do with it.

Polarbear53 said:
I'm wondering about the cut-scene at the end. Is it all prerendered(looks kinda like it)? But when you pause it, it kind of looks like there are bump maps on it(makes me think in game) so does that part show the cinematics of the game or does it have nothing to do with it.

Bump Mapping can be used in Pre-rendered CG, and yes it's indeed Pre-rendered CG at the end of the video.

I converted the 1080p to 720p. Plays much more smoothly on my AXP2600+ :p

and yeah... definitely pre-render at the end with the anti-aliasing (it's probably in-engine though, so they just turn AA on and record it at 30fps or whatever it's at).

Alstrong said:
and yeah... definitely pre-render at the end with the anti-aliasing (it's probably in-engine though, so they just turn AA on and record it at 30fps or whatever it's at).

Or the footage of Xenon Halo 2 to fuel some wild speculation! :D

Alstrong said:
I converted the 1080p to 720p. Plays much more smoothly on my AXP2600+ :p

In the weekly update... I think, they said they did boost the resolution up a bit just for it. But if that is in-engine stuff, I think I very well may wet myself november 9th.

well, it's no secret that they can up the resolution *cough*screenshots*cough* :LOL:

It looks in-engine to me, especially since they're using the same models (and it looks like they turned on the real time reflection on the visor again :p

:drool: xenon...720p....AA.......droooooool....

Eh, the cinematics are so clearly pre rendered off-line, and not using the in-game engine.
The models and lighting/shadowing are so much more detailed in the cinematics, as are the effects.

Alstrong said:
It looks in-engine to me, especially since they're using the same models (and it looks like they turned on the real time reflection on the visor again :p

The remains of the demolished buildings/city in the foreground are obiously "high polycount" models (The Ghosts also appears to be high poly models).
Definitely Pre Rendered CG, nothing fancy "à la square" but still PR CG. :D

I conceded already!!!

stop rubbing it in my face! :D

I was going on my memory before, but then I just watched and paused this time; those dropships are very very curved.:p

Back